Sign in to follow this  
richieboy2008

How much to pay for a VR6?

Hi, I plan to buy a Corrado VR6 at some point after xmas. I'll have a budget of around 4-5K. What kind of VR6 should can i expect to get for that kind of money?

Also, does anyone know of any insurance companies that can quote less than £800 fully comp for a 22 yr old, clean licence, that will do less then 6000 mile per year?

Hi :)

If you're going to spend up to £5000 you should be able to pick up a very nice, well looked after example. Keep your eyes on the For Sale section.. there is even a Storm for sale in there at that price currently!

Insurance wise.. well.. it depends on your area and how much NCD you have.. if you have 2 or 3 years no claims you have a good chance of getting fully comp for that sort of money. Get ready to do some phoning around and haggling though!

The insurance "market rate" for old gits with full no claims in medium risk areas on Corrado VR6s is about £800/yr, so unless you've got that full no claims I'd be expecting around a grand plus for insurance, particularly given your age. Though the low miles might help if you can keep the car securely garaged.

Are you kidding?! I got an insurance quote of £560 for a Corrado VR6 - thats for next year with 5 years no claims, aged 25, parked on the road in sunny Coventry doing about 10,000 miles a year!

I just did an online quote with Direct Line and if I lived outside of Coventry in one of the slightly better areas I could get insurance down to £450! More of a motivation to keep my car pretty standard i'd say! :|

I didn't say that's what you'll pay if they're in a good mood, just that that's what some nebulous "market rate" says is about right for the car... I'm paying a lot less than that, too, and I was quoted £395 without modifications this year ..!!

Paying just over £600 fully comp with Admiral.

VR6 Storm (extra insurance group I think) 0 NCD (using my full NCD on my van) living in east london (high risk area).

Maybe it's just be because I'm an old git! :)

Also found sticking an older female on the policy brought it down around £70

Try including your mum on the policy. :lol:

I stuck my dad on there. Took it down by about £250!!

Well roll on xmas!!!! Thats all I can say.

btw, anyone interested in a Renault 10 1.4 RT??????? No didn't think so. lol

my gf has just started driving, she has a 8v mk2 gti, insurance 3rd party was £450.. down to £420 if she added me to her policy! Shes 27 im 24.. couldnt believe i'm actually of some use!

I just tried elephant, £750 fullycomp. Not bad.

Only thing to be aware of with elephant is they do something called a no-claims bonus excellerator. This is where you get a no claims discount after 10 months - This sounds good, apart from no one else but elephant will recognise it as a NCB - so if you come to move your policy over to another company, they won't accept it is it is not a 'year's no claims bonus.

I know there are a few companies doing this 10 month accelerator so maybe they will accept each others even if the 12 month merchants wont.

Would need to be checked.