Sign in to follow this  
dutch

H&R question..

I'm off to Toronto tommorow and I was going to pick up a set of H&R's, but there seems to be a problem. The guy i'm buying them off says the part# is 44707...but the h&r website say 54707?? what do you guys think? did h&r change part numbers over the years....they were on his vr a few years ago so maybe part numbers changed.....

i'll check on the color, my VR is a K reg...so I think 92/3. I'll be replacing all the bushings when I swap out suspension. I've decided to go with the H&R/Koni setup....

54707 is what you need and as you have an early VR, you'll already have the larger spring top plates.

Good choice of setup ;-)

the guy insists that the part number on the springs is 44707 and they came off his SLC (Canadian name for the corrado)..i even called H&R and they mentioned they might have changed the numbering but he couldn't find any record of it. the springs are blue...they're are too cheap to pass up if they are the ones....

The ones you need are definitely Green and have "Golf III VR6" written on them. Don't chance anything else. Better to pay once and get it right than pay twice. PM Andy and ask him to get the number off the H&R/Koni setup I sold him recently.

green?? or blue?? ok..this is getting really confusing.....according to the H&R website the corrado vr6 number is 54707...the Golf VR6 is 54764..so i'm assuming the golf vr6 springs are different...

superchargered: 54706?? that's an odd part number? can't find that one h&r's website?

Kev: yours are green?? everyone keeps telling me the blue ones are the ones I need!!

help!!!!

Kev: yours are green?? everyone keeps telling me the blue ones are the ones I need!!

Eh - read the posts above - Corrado VR6's need the green springs!!!

Yep, as suggested, PM Andy as he has my old springs which are the EXACT ones you need ;-)

I appreciate you want an answer now, but I really can't remember the part number of mine and the blue ones are definitley for 4 cylinder cars. It might be that your mate fitted the wrong ones to begin with.

ok...maybe i'm a little slow..but here's what I've gotten so far..

Super: Are your springs blue? or green?

Kev: "The ones you need are definitely Green and have "Golf III VR6" written" ....according to H&R corrado and Golf VR springs are different???

it does seems odd though....H&R list the G60 and VR6 springs as the same part number 54707???i thought the g60 springs would have been different to the vr6 ones becasue of weight?

I really don't know what that H&R site is on about, but Stealth Racing have always supplied mine and Super's H&Rs and they always get the right ones....which as stated are Green (with Golf III VR6 on them in white lettering) for the cruiser, and Blue for the performance Corrado ;-)

maybe h&r has done away with different spring for the g60 and vr6 and gone for one for both? but the golf vr6 and corrado springs are totally different (according to h&r). When i'm in toronto i'll have a look at both....or maybe i'll go get some nice coilovers!!

gonna starting pricing out some coilovers for the VR....there are a few companies that make them for the Corrado in North America but I haven't seem too many people running around here in the UK with them....Apex...H&R coilovers....etc....

Yep, as suggested, PM Andy as he has my old springs which are the EXACT ones you need ;-)

Indeed I do, no PM received but...I can't see either part no on the springs, they do say Golf III VR6, they are Green (Well under the dirt!), they have the following numbers on;

29872 VA and KBA-Nr 90445

I can't see any other numbers on them, can anyone tell me where any other numbers might be, e.g stamped somewhere?

it does seems odd though....H&R list the G60 and VR6 springs as the same part number 54707???i thought the g60 springs would have been different to the vr6 ones becasue of weight?

dutch, have you forgotten to take your medication today!!!

They are different, as stated above!! VR springs are different to all other Corrado's and have a different part number (54706)

- are you looking at a US website?? - remember the SLC had a 2.8 and the Euro VR (which I assume is what you have is a 2.9) so that maybe why there is a difference