Sign in to follow this  
Riley

would you pay

depends also on it condition :wink: ...............and of course for that same £20,you can enter one of those airport car competitions..........£20 is the ticket for their latest one with a choice of Elise or Boxster as prize

No.

What are the odds that a friend of the seller mysteriously happens to buy the winning ticket.

lets say,250 tickets?

condition wise,its mine so id say its near mint. :D

1 of only 28 within the uk in black too.

as for a friend winning,i wouldnt risk the hassle and grief,but i suppose people would doubt the authenticity?

but i suppose people would doubt the authenticity?

always gonna happen unles you get it externally verified (££££) there was a piece on the radio about a house raffle and the vendor did a runner! if it is as you describe it will sell well cabs seem to be having a bit of a comeback atm!

aye,suppose so m8,just cant be ar$ed with tyre kickers and wotnot.

thought it would be fun too.

was thinking ebay maybe? £20 buy it now raffle tickets?

or just stick it on there for £3.5k?

really need to sell it now so every penny can pay debts off :(

is raffling a house illegal now?

is raffling a house illegal now?

off your own back yes but if you do properly i dont think so. wow 3.5k thats some money id love one of these :)

ahh i thought there was sommet about the house raffling.

dont wanna turn this into an add like,not ready to sell it just yet anyway,cant get it out of the unit :x ,but it is a good un,the floorpan is the most solid rust free one ive ever known on a mk1 (apart from my dads 50k miler,just! 8) )

spent loads on it,new steering rack/bushes/wishbones and bushes/track rods/ball joints/all new suspension struts and springs and rubber mounts/oil pump/water pump/crankshaft oil seals/list goes on and on!

saw one on autotrader the other week for £4995 with less miles though.

I'd stick in £20 for a chance to win it I reckon, provided it was all kosher and you did genuinely just pull the names out of a hat! :)

I suspect one issue you would need to address is not falling foul of one of the Lotteries and Gaming Acts, notably the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976. If it's purely a random draw, you might have problems in this respect.

Here are the DCMS guidance notes on the subject.

http://www.culture.gov.uk/gambling_and_ ... teries.htm

I suspect that what you're proposing falls into none of the available categories and may be illegal, particularly given the value of the item you're raffling. I'm not a lawyer, so don't take my word on it though :) Your local council might be in a position to advise you.

If there's an element of skill involved (a simple question or something like 'spot the ball') then it's a different category entirely - a 'prize competition', which is why all those stupidly simple multiple choice competitions appear on TV.

P.S. I think this is how those 'Win a Porsche' draws at airports get past lottery legislation - they have a qualifying question or subsidiary skill component alongside the draw.

P.S. I think this is how those 'Win a Porsche' draws at airports get past lottery legislation - they have a qualifying question or subsidiary skill component alongside the draw.

the "best of the best" comps have a "spot the ball" entry

thanks for the link m8,dont ya just love the red tape and and crap laws in this country eh :x

ah well,it is/was just an idea for a bit of fun really,maybe its too much hassle.

would take some thinking about to do it correctly too.

Jim,i probably would lierally use a hat :lol: maybe film the winning ticket being pulled? :?

neil.

thanks for the link m8,dont ya just love the red tape and and crap laws in this country eh :x

ah well,it is/was just an idea for a bit of fun really,maybe its too much hassle.

would take some thinking about to do it correctly too.

Jim,i probably would lierally use a hat :lol: maybe film the winning ticket being pulled? :?

neil.

i think you'd have to have it verified by someone of "good standing" like a solictor :wink: /accountant/judge etc

i think you'd have to have it verified by someone of "good standing" like a solictor :wink: /accountant/judge etc

not many of those round here m8,theyre all dodgepots :lol:

but yeah,it would be a good idea,im just looking at the possabilities at the mo.

got to take into account,selling enough tickets by a certain date etc.

ps:why is the pic with shiny paint getting so many views? :?

are you all shocked and dissapointed at my wearing of a baseball cap? :lol:

neil.