zerocool

vr6 head porting

got a spare cyl head,and am thinking about getting it ported,can anyone recommend this mod,and if so do you know anyone who can carry out the work.

thanks in advance

Not really...theyr'e building me a 3 litre engine, and it's part of the deal, stage 3 head & big valves.

Give 'em a ring ..they are quite friendly...I dealt with them years ago when I has a Mk 1 Gti.

They have offered to put it on their rolling road after I've done a few miles as part of the deal....the only problem is that they are in Someset, and I'm in Blackpool.

Will keep you posted.

Mike

£690 for stage 2 with bigger valves is pretty good actually.

I've also heard good things about him although he's a bit slow apparently.

Grant has my VR at the moment for a P & P head with bigger valves + cams + 6 branch. He is a little slow but maybe well worth waiting for.... in a rolling road season i saw him get an extra 25 BHP out of a TSR engine belonging to a friend of mine!!! worth waiting for me thinks

Yeah, as they say, good things come to those that wait :-) At least all the work is done in house. Most other tuners farm that sort of work out.

If I ever want to exceed 300hp in mine, then I'll probably look at one of his Stage 2 heads as it's half the price of Schrick's BV head...and probably better.

Looks like great work... but no one seems to have his details... the last post says its in the paid members section which a bit of a shag...

Its a tenner per year, usually you can save more than that on insurance if you're a member of a club, I rejoined a few years ago but my membership has lapsed again now

Hi on the NA theme, what is your opinion on a really good NA specced Vr6. I already have the big valve gas flowed head, what else could be done and what kind of power is to be had?