Sign in to follow this  
keystarG60

Quick wheel question

Embarressed to admit i dont know the name of my standard BBS wheels on my G60 even though i've owned the bloody thing for 3 years.

Need to know for when i call Pristine (after all the great reviews) for a refurb.

Incidentally, would the colour on these have faded since 1992? How closely will Pristine be able to match it?

corrado1.jpg

I think yours are BBS RZ, OSV will know, he's the wheel guru.

Go down to Williams tyre and exhaust in boss hall mate (where GSF is) as they're a Pristine dealer and you can look at the paint codes they offer.

Their standard finish is called 'Sparkle Silver' (but they do other finishes) and it'll cost you about £220 inc VAT to do them...and believe me, it is totally worth every penny.

They did the RXs in my sig and also my speedlines, both excellent jobs.

So you're a judge now then Struan? :lol:

Yay the wire is right :-)

RM is the split version of the RZ. RZ was the standard G60 rim. RM was optional. Can you see the those tight arse VW accountants fitting splits as standard? LOL!

The wheels on the MK3 Anniversary, some MK4's etc. are BBS RX 2-piece split-rims in 7 x 16" et43 sizes as standard.

Cheers

aka RX2's :wink:

Thanks dudes!

RZ sounds right to me as that code has been mentioned previously. Thanks for confirming that Mr Judge.

Yeah Kev saw the pics of your speedys and other glowing endorsements from others on the forum. Excited to see what they can do with them.

Do the agents provide a set of loan wheels for the duration??? Is 'Sparkle Silver' a BBS paint code or just a universal one?? Is there any advantage in dealing direct with Pristine??

Pristine can supply a set of loaner wheels if required but I had a spare set to roam around on temporarily.

Sparkle silver is a universal paint and a very close approximation of the standard finish. Very bright with large metallic flakes. If you want a finer flake, they can do that also.

For info,

The standard wheels available on the Corrado G60 were:

BBS RZ, one-piece non-split rim

6.5 x 15"

ET 33

4 X 100 PCD

Cheers

Mind if I use that info? ;)

http://www.cybertects.co.uk/scirocco/wheels/

(all corrections gratefully received - I've a suspicion some of the original data I had to work with is slightly inaccurate)