Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Vibrator.

Can anybody identify the little git i've circled in the pic?.

Every G60 i've seen has one, it vibrates like mad, only i've noticed it's started to make a slight noise, like a tiny rattle.... In anticipation of a perspective buyer raising this as an issue i'd like to get clued up so I can appear to know what i'm on about.

So, What is it?..and why is it starting to make a noise? is it a problem?...also..is there a way of stopping the noise?. :?

cheers.

Its a cap for a tube, that goes to the exhaust manifold, to test co from, by the looks of things. God knows why its vibrating, maybe it has come loose!

ah..cheers boss....ill have a fiddle around and see if i can tighten it.

Can anyone else tell me if there is any problems causing this?..i want to be 100% sure there's nothing wrong with it before it's sold.

cheers

It's common for these to leak slightly and 'tick' as I recall.

Thats exactly how i would describe the noise...a slight " tick "....when you say leak slightly..i take it you mean air?... :oops: ....is there a way of tightening it.

Like i said...every g60 engine i've seen has on ethat vibrates..its the new noise that im worried about.

Its the pre-cat co inspection pipe cap, It basically plugs a hole in the exhaust that can be used to check the exhaust co content prior to the cat.

If its loose just tignten it, I wouldn't worry about what caused to to get loose.

Its the pre-cat co inspection pipe cap, It basically plugs a hole in the exhaust that can be used to check the exhaust co content prior to the cat.

If its loose just tignten it, I wouldn't worry about what caused to to get loose.

excellent....cheers mate...

Apart from the fact that it's got a bleeding charger and a burning battery?

lol..nah...cos I need to get all my money together so im selling pretty much EVERYTHING!!...((even my other baby..my Larrivee parlour guitar :cry: ))

uurmm..yeah..that was on the 30th sept (( booked it packed it fooked off on honeymoon withon 3 weeks :lol: )) .

I need to sell the car because we've decided to move so we need as much money as we can to get started, plust the fact that i'm gonna need to be doing alot of motorway travelling and i dont want to rack up huge miles on the raddo. As soon as i'm sorted enough ill be back in a raddo believe me.

Noooooo, you can't sell the 'rado!!

We've just moved, and Alex doesn't have a job so money's a bit tight at the moment but I'll starve before I sell the VR!!

so i take it they arent a bank breaker then?...probebly worth just buying a new one...at least i know its not the engine about to blow!. :lol:

if it's leaking then it's either loose (tighten it) or it's got a hole in it (replace it)

It'll vibrate 'cos it's not very well attached at the back.

If you've got rid of the cat from your exhaust, remove the pipe from the exhaust manifold and stick in a bolt with the correct thread instead... problem removed! ;) :lol:

If you've got rid of the cat from your exhaust, remove the pipe from the exhaust manifold and stick in a bolt with the correct thread instead... problem removed!

8)