Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Thinking of selling the G60

Right, I'm thinking of selling my G60, after 2 months (if that) of ownership.

The car has a few problems, which is why I'm unsure of price. The crank oil seal has gone, which needs replacing, I was gonna do the clutch at the same time but I need a friend with mechanical knowledge and tools and a spare weekend. The door handle is busted (I may fix thie before the sale), the headlight switch is temperamental (again may be fixed before I sell). The bodywork is generally OK for 15 year old car but the lacquer has peeled in about 5 places on the driver's side...bit above the door lol...bad respray a few years ago. Also the wheels could do with the lacquer sanding off or a re-furb.

The major problem though, is that a piston has been replaced from where th eprevious owner cracked the old one, and it still isn't running right. It is 30psi down on compression in that chamber.

I'm blatently going to make a big loss on this if i sell it, and I don't have the money right here and now to convert it to a 1.9 and do the other things I wanted to do to it.

It has tax and MoT until January, but I don't know what to do.

Should I keep it, or sell it, and if i sell it - for how much?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah. It's an R1 charger, but running a 65mm pulley. It's only got about 3k on the clock I think, so its got another 18-20(maybe) left in it, more if you replace the pulley.

You might get a dfew quid for it mate.

It seems as long as your charger has a bit of paperwork with it then your g60 will fetch good money, regardless of the rest of the condition. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

I paid 3600 for it, which if it was in perfect running order would be what it's worth.

I don't have the paperwork for the charger, I have lots of receipts for other stuff from G-werks though. I may be able to sort something out with Darren, I'm pretty sure the charger was re-built with him.

What sort of money do you think I could get for it?

Dude, by a G60 engine and replace the lot. Gonna cost well under £500. With the amount of chargers that blow, there are loads out there. They are no good except for turboing so they are cheap.

Gavin

Anyone?

well as its basically going to need some money thrown at it.............i would say between £2-2.5K on a good day

How long is a piece of string? :lol:

It's pretty hard to tell how much your car is worth mate...you've not really given much info on it...tell us the mileage,interior condition,paintwork condition, wheel spec etc.. that could help.

It's a difficult one at the moment aswell. They say a car is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it, and it seems that at the momment thats not very much when it comes to g60's and vr6's. Strangley it's valvers that seem to be holding their value nowadays, i assume its a fuel price thing, but i've seen valvers in the same sorta condition as my g60 being sold for more than i'm asking, which would never have been the case even a few months back.

As ballpark figure, my g60 is up for sale with a slightly shabby interior and a few marks here and there but nothing serious on the paintwork , the engine is running perfectly and the charger is blowing fine (( was rebuilt 15k ago but i have no paperwork like you )) and im asking for £2300.

Right ok here is the spec of my car:

Engine: Ported & Polished Head, R1 Charger, rebuilt 3-4k ago, 65mm pulley, Stainless heat shield, stainless mesh induction kit, Nology Hotwire Leads, G40 plugs, Red injectors, SNS Stage 5 Chip, EIP Solid front engine mount, Oil Breather Kit/Catch Tank, Boost Re-route removed, full Milltek Exhaust.

Wheels - 17" BBS RK2 Split Rims, need the lacquer sanding off, or a refurb. Also have a spare, which needs straightening out.

Suspension - Lowered 40mm (I think) on springs, and *POSSIBLY* uprated gas shocks - I'm not sure on the shocks. Front has been fully poly bushed, I have the rear axle bushes in a box waiting to be fitted.

Bodywork - All standard, except a Kamei front eyebrow spoiler, which is on the car at the moment but I may take it off as it needs spraying. The paint is in generally good condition, apart from the patches of lacquer on the drivers side, on top of the door. There is a small amount of damage on teh n/s/r corner - small dent in bottom corner of bootlid, and dent on the bit between the bumper and lights. They're easily fixed, but may need spraying. The bumper is damaged, but I have a spare in the garden, which would need to be sprayed. I may even do the prep work myself one day if I'm bored!

Interior - Full (including doorcards and later-style window switches) black leather interior in mint condition, no rips or tears, only very slight marking on drivers side bolster (not leg bolster). Also has Black carpets, and Black Dash. Has an expensive Alpine headunit, with Infinity 6x9's in a stealth rear shelf. Also has a false floor in the boot, with all the wiring necessary for amps and/or subs.

The mileage is 133k, but the condition overall is good for a 15 year old car. I also have a few spares hanging round too - I have a spare radiator, the original standard pulley for the charger, some of a gasket set, a FMIC intercooler - I don't know what it's off but it is quite large.

Hopefully this will give you a bette idea of what the car may be worth?

Cheers guys. Sorry for the long post.

got a pic of the fmic?

its a tough one i paid £2500 for mine and it all worked just needed a bit of body work yours needs £500 on engine work so around £1800 to £2250??

I could break it for more than that. I haven't, no, it's at my mate's garage at the moment. I can get some though. Are you interested in buying it?

nah..i reckon it's gotta be worth a bit more than that with the leather etc...

I would say that it's probebly worth getting the engine problems sorted, then you'd get a more realistic price.

I don't want to sell it if i get the engine sorted - thats why I'm considering selling. I know what it's worth if it was mint. I just don't think I can afford to have it rebuilt, or replace the bottom end on it at the moment.

I know I could get good money for it if I broke it, but I don't want to do that.

...sounds like a bit of a catch 22 then dude...you can't expect to sell a car that needs alot of engine work for top money....especially when it's not a very good time for selling g60's anyway, :(

I don't want top money fo rit, I just dont want to lose nearly 2 grand on it. I reckon I'd be happy with about 2600, is that silly money to ask for it?

Yeah I know, cheers mate. I'm still driving it around, it's not just sat here, I mean, it go another 6 months, who knows. I'm off to get a cylinder leakage test in a minute, see how bad the bad news is.

I understand where you're coming from. My VR6 needs engine work doing and I can't afford it but also don't want to sell it because I'd lose money! I'm determined to hang on to it as long as we can though. Like I said in another thread- I'll starve before I sell it!!

nah..i reckon it's gotta be worth a bit more than that with the leather etc...

mine had leather and coilovers fresh charger azev a's! g60's are worth not very much unless they are mint and low mileage i would be interested in the fmic maybe can you foward some piccys?