Sign in to follow this  
JT

calling on the photo chop guru's

has anyone just had there grill primed and colour coded, if so what did you pay, or can i exspect to pay.. :?:

Dont do it. That's free, and looks better.

I second that mate.

Plus you've always got the risk that the paint could start to come off and look pants.

:nono:

i would imagine if you used a paint shop they wouldn't charge you as much as £100.................cashers on the other hand are a different story :wink: i had a friend do mine a few years back for under £30-inc materials

I second that mate.

Plus you've always got the risk that the paint could start to come off and look pants.

It's all personal opinion but mine is they look pants painted....

I second that mate.

It's all personal opinion but mine is they look pants painted....

it all depends on the colour......IMHO tornado/flash red ones do indeed look pants

Depends on the colour. Suits darker colours but whites & reds and other bright colours - naaaa, I'd prefer satin black original.

Did three at a body shop a while back. Reckon costs today - £65 to £80 each - all same colour. One off may be higher so Rodders price won't be short of the mark. One of the ones I did has been on the car for 7 years and is still perfect.

Don't use ordinary paint, that's why it flakes. Acrylic paint doesn't flex unless it has a plasticiser added to make it stretch as the grille plastic expands & contracts with heat. Body shop will know to do that. same with bumpers.

If you DO do it, then make sure the bodyshop knows the grille plastic is quite soft even on a low bake and shouldn't be cured at too high a temperature. Mine melted slightly around the top securing clips but was able to bend back with a hair dryer. Thats how soft the plastic is.

If you're going to do it, gloss black gets my vote, along with the light surrounds and chin spoiler. No need for back to black stuff then!

looks good on some colours, it can be quite subtle ,but it does look a bit ott on some lighter cars where the black is a better contrast

Yeah.. I downloaded it and tried to juggle about with tones and colours but its a little difficult to match (what appears to be) a glossy grey!

cheers guys, think you guys are right i'm gonna save my money and leave it standard :?

i think it really suits them when they are debadged but i am lovin the oe look of my c at the mo so just need to get my hands on a grill badge and it's complete :D