Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Headlight Mod

Right, ive seen the picture attached and its just one of those things id really like to have on my c. As i understand these are Audi A4 lights? How? Are they a direct replacement or is there alot of messing around involved? I dont think its a very common mod, so i imagine theres quite a bit of work involved to do it. Any comments are appreciated.

Zarmann made those lights for his corrado... you're correct that they're based on Audi lights...

He made them himself and it took him quite a while... around 4 weeks IIRC! :|

A lot of messing around is somewhat of an understatement... oh, and the front sheet of plastic has a nasty habbit of melting when the main beam is on for a while too unless he's now managed to sort that out... :|

ive got bimmer lights in mine and they werent that easy to fit either.Best to go with the angel eye lights by inpro

Liking the look of this headlight mod. Or was thinking modding the new A5 lights as they would really suit a Corrado. The link Dinkus posted says that modding headlights is illegal though. Is there somewhere you can go to get these things approved legally though, maybe with a nice shiny certificate or something?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janandersen_dk/2425261462/

Leave LED headlights to the Audi's. They look bloody ridiculous fitted to anything else!

I think they look great on Audi's and I pondered with how it would look on my rado, having seen a white A5 drive past me the other day.

The trouble with any sort of light mod is that it can result in it appearing a bit chavvy.

I once acted like a bit of an old git, but I thought I was funny when a bloke in a lexus lighted french shopping trolley reversed into my wife's car in Staines car park.

I told him jokingly "you Lexus drivers are are all the same" (half taking the micky, but obviously he didn't get my dry sense of micky taking)

He said "It's a Citroen you w***er"

I stopped trying to make light of it after that and said "yes that would be right - fake luxury on crap - a bit like your gold necklace on a shellsuit"

Except I didn't because I am too slow witted, and instead I blushed a bit, and my wife had to save me from further embarrasment by starting to yell at him for what he did to her bumper in her full on agressive geordie voice.

Bah!

Funny story. I usually don't say what I should have said in situations like that, and you always think of killer lines later. Arse!

In terms of the light mod, I say each to their own. I agree about chavvy lights (e.g. Lexus style rear lights on a C), but I think carefully modded to try and look OEM (maybe impossible I know) it could look good. It would need to be done as part of an updated look across the whole car.

My question really though was about the legality of it all. Can you mod a headlight, and then get it approved so that it is road legal? It's not worth it otherwise, as if you hit something, the insurers would no doubt take your ass outside and rim you :eek:

My question really though was about the legality of it all. Can you mod a headlight, and then get it approved so that it is road legal? It's not worth it otherwise, as if you hit something, the insurers would no doubt take your ass outside and rim you :eek:

As long as the light functions and is set up correctly there is no issues as far as i can gather or see from a testers point of view

so i would not worry in that department .