Sign in to follow this  
badlad1888

is it the hatch or the lights?

To get my lights to sit perfect, can you just adjust the lights or is it the the hatch needing reseated so the lights sit straight? Its a poor picture but you can see the inside lights sit wrong. :cry:

cor1.jpg

you can adjust the inside lights a bit,the aftermarket lights are worse than that,you need to enlarge the holes to get more adjustment with them

adjust the lights. both sets have some degree of movement. take the plastic over off the inside of the boot lid and you will see nuts that can be loosened to allow movement of the light blocks. On the square sections each side has a nut hidden under the rubber grommet . 8mm socket I believe

Supercharged, if the rubber stops were "high" on the hatch outer area's the boot wouldn't lock I think or would be very, very hard to get it to lock as the hatches's catch mechanism wouldn't reach to close the lockfinger home.

Need a side profile shot in line with the rear lamp face to see the body lines alignment. I did wonder whether the boot catch on the back panel had slipped upwards. It's hard in that shot to make out whether the body lines are correct. The hatch and rear body appear OK suggesting the inner lamps aren't seated fully home.

Mines like this too - cant remember if the lights were level before I got the car painted! :?

I'll try adjusting them from behind the trim panel as you guys have suggested :D

corrado_rear.jpg

Joeblogssvr69. That looks like the hatch is not aligned, not the lights.

Need to wind in the two rubber stops and see how it sits. Still high? Then adjust the square looking boot catch to sit further down in the rear panel on the opposite side to the central VW badge on the outside (Need to use an impact drive to undo / tighten the two philipd screw head type bolts.

When sitting right. Then adjust outwards the two rubber stops on the hatch to kill the vibration rattle of the lock & square catch.