Sign in to follow this  
Musicman

No-Rice Reloaded: Guildford, March 2004

It's become increasingly apparent to me that I needed to revisit some of my photos from old No-Rice meets. They were beginning to look quite tired and flat compared with many of the pictures I'm taking today.

I've learned a hell of a lot about processing pictures in the last two years, particularly under sodium lamps at night. The software I'm using has come on in leaps and bounds. Getting the photos up on line as soon as possible for everyone else to see means I perhaps can't take the time I'd really like to get everything just so.

Shooting with RAW means I can go back and do a fresh 'print' from the digital negative, so I've started with the March 2004 meet at Guildford (there were a lot of Corrados there that month ;)) and I'll probably work my way through other meets as I get the time.

I'm much happier with the result. There are some photos that I'd left out for some reason that I now feel I can put online for the first time. :)

Here they are:

http://www.cybertects.co.uk/picturepost/nr/20040310_nr/

To show you the difference it makes with some pictures, here's the old version

CRW_1508_pre_old.jpg

and here's the new

CRW_1508_pre.jpg

A few other favs from the new set

CRW_1501_pre.jpg

CRW_1528_pre.jpg

CRW_1549_pre.jpg

[ If you do want to go look at the old versions they're still around at http://www.cybertects.co.uk/picturepost ... 10_nr_old/ ]

everytime i see your photos you still amaze me with them, even the picture you took of my pooch at NR Guildford to Brighton 2004 was bloody good!!!

looking good my friend... Are you using photoshop to do this? (also which digi slr are you using as im after a 350D when funds allow)

top work~!

Cheerz. :)

Yes. PS CS2

Camera: Canon 300D + kit 18-55 lens and 75-300 IS.

Have you ever considered printing the EXIF information with the pics on your site? It'd be a lot of help for us budding photographers :)

Have you ever considered printing the EXIF information with the pics on your site? It'd be a lot of help for us budding photographers :)

I'll have to remember to check the 'Preserve all metadata' box in Photoshop's Web Photo Gallery in future... not sure if the tags are available to add it to the HTML template code (bears investigation ;))

best pic u ever taken

wouldve been better if some fool never got a car in the way on the right :lol:

if that pic was re-taken u would def see more rado's as mine is a lot lower

MAJ--- :lol: