Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

Roof trim

Just a quicky...ooo errr.Just a bit of advice please with regards to the roof trim on either side of the car.Mine is looking particularly shabby and i want to replace both strips.How do i go about it(are they glued or clipped or what) and how do the new ones fit?(oh yes i had a price from the stealers of 49 quid each!!)Are they a dealer bit or can i get them cheaper??Cheers guys :lol:

GPC do 'em a little cheaper than that, but, yes, they are fecking expensive... :(

There's a clip at each end and then sticky tape along the whole length of the main bit...

If you use the search, Kevhaywire wrote a rather excellent "how to" on this which had lots of tips and photos to show you how to replace 'em... 8)

Just remove the flaking rubber strip, then the plastic, paint it with plastic bumper paint from halfrauds and refit without the rubber. Thats what i did, without the painting admittedly, and it looks better than sh*tty flaking rubber :)

Just remove the flaking rubber strip, then the plastic, paint it with plastic bumper paint from halfrauds and refit without the rubber. Thats what i did, without the painting admittedly, and it looks better than sh*tty flaking rubber :)

Yea me too, looks fine!

I put black rubber sealant under mine as I kept getting water pouring in as when I set off. Cut the manky bit off too, looks much tidier.