Sign in to follow this  
greasy weasel

Flood in the passenger footwells!

I just out the leak on mine was the the inlet seal on the air intake , the seal was only a couple of quid and no more wet carpets.I took the whole carpet which i would advise as the sound proof padding needs to be dried out properly as it acts like a sponge and holds water for a long time. Plus i changed the carpets to black ones from grey,as the grey ones are too hard to keep clean. Its not hard to take the full carpet out.

check your rear light seals , mine had split causing water to weep in under heavy rain it then tracked through the car and started to make the rear footwells fill with water :)

Found how the water is getting into the car, as illustrated in the image.

My problem now is figuring out how much of the dash I need to take to bits to get underneath that particluar panel.

Any suggestions?

if its comming in through there , i would suggest new door appature seal and strip the door trim off and check the door drain holes as if they block up they will flood your car but also check the door membrain ( plastic sheet over door ) for holes or tears because this is whats supposed to stop any moisture or water comming in from your doors :)

cheers ian,

will take the door card of again, never had it of the passenger side, so might reveal somthing

well ive only got one a damp footwell but its the drivers side.

its not soaking throught the carpet so you can see but you can feel its wet!

so what do you think it could be, drivers door seal?

help please

the flood of posts on this subject (excuse the pun) is indicative of the monsoon conditions we've had recently and its reasonable to expect leaks here and there on 15 year old cars. At the end of the day its not the worst thing that can happen and theres the rest of the summer :oops: to dry out.

Agree with posts regarding clearing drainage holes etc and something as simple as facing your car the other way when parking can work wonders!

facing your car the other way when parking can work wonders!
wont FIXS the problem tho will it m8 :roll:

wont FIXS the problem tho will it m8

dont knock it till you've tried it.

Can only speak from my own experience and its worked for me.

the angle at which rain hits your car can make all the difference.

just trying to help.

RADO.001 as ive said mate check the door drain seals and membrain on that side , check the door seal for damage or flat spots , failing that lean across the seats with the doors closed an get someone to spray water over the suspect area and look for water tracking inwards , hope this is some help :)