g60griff

private plates

Wicked thanks for the link of that dvla site ZippyVR6 - just saved myself £160. Was going to buy a plate from one of the autotrader site links, but searched on the dvla and came up loads cheaper. Though i wasn't going to buy it at the original price so you've managed to make me spend money i decided i wasn't going to!! still.....A plates for life not just for christmas. :D :D Cheers

I've owned my private plate for almost 6 years now - it's personal to me with my initials - and when I look at the car and my plate I really do like it! Was horrible when I bought my C last year and it had a 'J' plate on whilst my partner was driving around in my old car with my private plate.

Due to it not really being that important in the whole scheme of things to rush and get my plate transfered, I actually ended up waiting until this July before I got the plate on my C (and we bought another personal plate for my partner's car). Was horrible all those months without it!

My partner and I have now got semi matching plates on our cars as they both start with the same letter and number and then have our initials on the end!

I also bought german number plate surrounds so didn't have to drill my new plates.

No worries Edd. glad I could help.

Split the difference eh? :lol:

All money is for spending, who looks at a bank statement and goes Mmmmm.

I had a personal plate on one of my mk3s which was my initials but i do prefer my current one on my rado. too many people have their initials and if its car related it stands out more and easier to sell if need be :D

My point exactly M15 VW......and it puts more emphasis on the car I reckon. Your plate certainly does stand out. Like it. Although, are you sure you're not a British spy with a plate like that?!.....been watchin too much Spooks!

My point exactly M15 VW......and it puts more emphasis on the car I reckon. Your plate certainly does stand out. Like it. Although, are you sure you're not a British spy with a plate like that?!.....been watchin too much Spooks!

:lol:

Guest petercabrio

has anyone got L29 VRG ??

that would look good

10yo thread resurrected :afro:

I also note that you joined exactly 10 years from the last post :geek:

N29VRG sold at auction for £130 in 2011

I believe you can request numbers to be put into their regular auctions

Sinister twighlight zone music......

Indeed :nuts:

N29VRG sold at auction for £130 in 2011

I believe you can request numbers to be put into their regular auctions

Yes you can, but you have no guarantee that you will get it... unless of course you just keep bidding!