Sign in to follow this  
steveh

Owners of Red C's

This is mainly for the owners of red c's and other red cars but i suppose it will be applicable for other colours too.

Get yourself a bottle of Finnese-1 from 3M, this is a mild form of cutting compound that the pro vechicle finishers use. It takes the oxide off the red paint a treat.

Done the whole car with this on saturday and then a couple of coats of polish, difference was bl**dy amazing. The dull red paint now is shining like a mirror.

It would only apply to colours that are non lacquered ..... mainly solid colours only....

3M is awesome stuff - used to use it alot when was in the trade... get it from paint factors.

yeah 15-16 quid for a litre is what i paid.

i made a mistake about the name it is Finesse-It not Finesse 1.

I was told to be carefull if using a buffer as if you are a bit hard it will take too much paint off, especially on edges.

in germany now, from the states originally. where can i buy this stuff at? Finesse...sounds like shampoo.

Cutting compounds are all well and good, but is it putting back the heavy oils into your paint that have been lost over the years, causing the dullness & loss of colour?

Body shops use 3M to achieve the flat & glossy paint finish, they have no need to replenish the oils in new paint.

Glazes such as Swissol (and Zymol cleaner wax)will cut through the crap on the surface and remove swirl marks(different grades are available), while putting essential oils back into the paint. All it needs then is regular waxing to lock the oils in.

I know this because I used to use 3M cutting compounds, it will look great for a few weeks, but before long the paint will of dried out and it will need cutting again.

I'm still using Wax Wizard paint cleanser, and Carnauba Wax(now gone to Swissol) that I bought 3 years ago, it's brilliant stuff. When It runs out I'll probably start using Zymol cleaner wax or Swissol glaze, with Swissol Wax.

cheers,