Sign in to follow this  
jewfro

Sunroof Control and Light unit

Hi guys - first post here

In my 93 Corrado SLC (new style interior), the plastic unit that houses the sunroof controls and interior lights is really loose and moves around freely. It seems to pivot around a single point, so I imagine there is a screw in there that I need to tighten. I have searched around a bit for something to tighten, but I can't find anything. I don't want to break it by pulling it off, so I was hoping that somebody has experienced this problem and fixed, or can tell me how to get this thing off without breaking it so I can take a look inside.

Thanks in advance -

Jonathan

Hi - welcome to the forum. I have never had to remove the light / sunroof console, but there are loads of owners on here who have, who I am sure will offer some help.

Whereabouts are you posting from? US or canada?

Its quite easy to remove - insert a thin screwdriver in the right side of the unit between the control panel and the housing (which extends across the roof liner) Carefully lever the control unit out. Disconnect the two plugs in the back of the control unit. There are two screws holding the rest of the housing in the roof - check these are tight, i guess this is where your problem lies.

HTH

I thought there was a screw behind the light? and it needs to be accessed by removing the clear plastic light cover with a flat head???