Sign in to follow this  
Greenbat

Oh what a difference!

Hello chaps,

I had my car remapped yesterday and the difference is just incredible.

Some of you might recollect I was having a big power loss at about 5K revs.

See topic. (http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31680).

Anyway the car is performing like how a G60 should do and I cannot stop grinning like a cheshire cat. Anyone considering a remap in the NW let me know and I will you have the details of the chap who did mine. I think it is the best £300 I have spent in ages

Cheers

Greenbat

I'm running a Jabba chip at the moment and I'm swapping it for an SNS on Thursday. There's a lot of lag and hesitation with the Jabba chip.

Greenbat, who did the remap? I know someone who needs one fairly soon and would be interested to know who you used... 8)

Going to have my Nugget done early in the New Year after Woody found some big gains in power after a session down at Ray West Tuning last week

Hello Guys,

I had an SNS Stg 5 chip with a 75mm pulley and the car run fine. I then decided to go with a 68mm pulley and jabbasport chip.

That is when things started going pear shaped. I had a full service including changing of the timing belt when the pulley & chip was done. So I do not want to blame the jabbasport chip entirely.

Because the car was running badly I replaced the jabbasport chip with the SNS. Things did improve but not significantly

Anyway the chap who did it Wayne (07977004476) took out the SNS chip, remapped the car and then transferred the settings onto a new chip.

From my experience I know remapping is more expensive than chips but the extra cost is defintely worth it. The car pulls all the way to the redline with no hesitation or lag at all.

This chap Wayne seems very clued up and if someone does speak to him mention Kofi's red Mk2 Golf G60.

Cheers

Greenbat

ah, that's who did my last re-map! :lol:

I'll add another vote for Wayne being good! :lol: 8) He used the no-lag code from the SNS chip and simply redoes the map on the chip so you should end up with a fully customised map based on the SNS code... 8)

He also did Gav's Golf G60 (H100VW) which is how I found out about him...

Where did you get it done, I've heard a rumour that Wayne's got his own rollers in a workshop now, but I don't know if it's true or where it is... He did mine on a set of Rollers in Runcorn...

Wayne has got his own garage with rollers in manchester as thats where I will be going when I finally get this car back together

Blue_Joe, where? my mate works in Manchester so that'd be cool for him to get his car sorted with a map... 8)

He has his own workshop with rollers now. I have the address at home will post it this evening.

Maybe one day we can organise a rolling road day there

Greenbat

Hello Chaps,

I have attached the result of the remap by Wayne.

The power ratio is now something like 178bhp/tonne! But most delighted with the amount of torque and power delivery.

Greenbat

By heck, thats some flat spot on the first run.......

A 20 lb increase in torque is pretty cool, in percentage terms.

Gavin

The flat spot was crazy and very annoying. The torque is soo much better and the car drives very well now. The car is now the 'sleeper' I have always wanted it to be. Will be interesting against a Civic type r or an R32.

Greenbat

i did try to get wayne down south for a day but it didn't work out,. but i would travel up to him, i've heard his the best. if any one else is interested in a trip to sunny manchester. go in convoy.