Sign in to follow this  
dutch

all sorts of problems........

had my VR into the mechanics today to sort out why she runs like shit! plugged the car in and it threw back O2 sensor and crank sensor...anybody know how much these parts are and where to get them from besides the dealer?

thanks

dutch

Ouch. Crank sensor is £132 + VAT, but you do know that always shows up if the engine isn't running, right?

Lambda probe is about £60 I think? Not sure on that one. You can get them from GSF, but there's been some discussion about the quality of them..?

It may have been a temporary glitch though - reset the error codes and see what happens ..

132!! damn....i'll start with the O2 sensor then...why would the crank sensor pickup a fault because of a bad o2?

Check and clean the connections on the crank sensor plug. If the sensor was totally gone the car wouldn't even start.

Erm isn't the crank sensor the error that comes up if you plug VAG-COM in without the engine running?

dinkus...i'm not sure but i'll check with the mechanic if he tested it with the engine running..cause if he didn't im getting my car from him ASAP!

132!! damn....i'll start with the O2 sensor then...why would the crank sensor pickup a fault because of a bad o2?

That's not what I said ... read it again! :-P

lol....dr.met..it helps if i can read!! i read your thread as "running right"...as apposed to running, right?

The crank sensor is a git to diagnose on the Corrado VR6. If the crank sensor shows as a "implausible signal - intermittent" while the engine is running, then chances are it's faulty.

But if it's faulty, generally the engine will stall immediately, so you'll just go back to getting "no signal" reported for it, so it's hard to say ...

If it says "open circuit" or "short to ground" or something like that, it's definitely fubar, but the engine will NOT RUN AT ALL if the sensor is that badly gone.

I think you have a lambda sensor problem.