Sign in to follow this  
Toby

G Lader Tutorial

Ye... if it does'nt produce enogh boost, just throw it in the bin and buy a new one for 1800 quid as they are a consumable item like a oil filter :lol:

I want to find the bin that all the condemed chargers that VAG were dumped in.

I remember that clip! It was doing the rounds a while ago on a different forum. We should produce our own "How to...." videos!!

Kev

Has anyone changed the belt inside the G-lader? i was told it needed to be changed every 30-40,000 miles. i fairly sure mine is still the originial. i have a replacement but was wondering how much was in changing it out. could be terrible if it went unattended and snapped.

The Golf mag this month covers a how to for a Stage 4 upgrade on the G60. If you can get a hold of it you might get the info you need from it. Downloaded that video but it plays upside down and back to front. Any suggestions?

Has anyone changed the belt inside the G-lader? i was told it needed to be changed every 30-40,000 miles. i fairly sure mine is still the originial. i have a replacement but was wondering how much was in changing it out. could be terrible if it went unattended and snapped.

sorry there isn't a belt inside the charger... :lol:

You are talking about the cog belt. Its a very important piece to check as it would destroy your charger should it break. They can usually be had quite cheap. This belt keeps the 2 eccentric shafts in phase...basically keeping your g-laddy from detonating.

yes this is the small belt on the outside of the charger under the black cover "top letf when fitted to car) you should all be running wide belts by know too...

Thats the one....the cog belt. i just bought a new wide one.

good thing too......dont need that little puppy snapping on me.

thanks guys for the info.

felt a little foolish asking about a belt and having 8vg60 say there wasnt one, but he was right....its not inside its outside ....my bad choice of wording.

thanks again for the help.

mike :)

11mm wide enough? what was stock.. 8, 9mm?

ive been told that some of the really widebelt conversion kits have been pulled off the shelves because they can get out of phase. this is only when you upgrade to an uber wide belt and change the cogs as well.