Sign in to follow this  
achaleven

alarm/immobiliser identification

Just got a corrado vr6, 94 vintage. appears to have a full closure system operated by a single button remote, which works fine.

I've only got 1 set of keys and remote and would like to get a spare. The alarm system can be activated/deactivated by using the key in the door, but the immobiliser can only be deactivated it seems by the remote, although there is a short type of key which looks like the kind you used to get on cheapo immobilisers a few years ago. The insurance company are pushing for details and the previous owner is as much in the dark as me, no cert with the paperwork etc. The system has 2 pucka indicator lights built into the dash which looked like vw fit to me but spoken to them and they say not. Any ideas guys?

It'll help if you can take a picture of the front and back of the fob - some guys on here fit alarms so they might be able to identify it for you :)

If it's a tiny fob, sounds like an Autowatch 160 RLi to me, especially if the LED is blue. The little 'el cheapo' secondary fob is the manual override. Look for a wee socket on the dash somewhere where one might insert said fob....

Remove the driver's side shelf and you'll see the alarm brain attached under there somewhere which will have a make and model sticker on it.

Thanks for the help. I opened up the remote and presto its marked conlog , which I believe was fitted to corrado's by vw as an accessory pre 95, as they didn't come with a factory fit system. Apparently its not recognised as cat 1 now so looks like I'll have to talk to the insurers again

Sounds like this is the 1994/1996 Conlog 900 Logic fitted by VW dealers. Was Cat 1 full mony but delisted 5 years ago at Thatcham.

Master fob has red lens (needed for reprogramming) but slaves have white/clear lens in the fob.

Hard to program the 900 slaves unlike the later 950 replacement.