Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Has anyone sold / bought a VR recently?

Just after some selling tips really, has anyone managed to sell their VR recently? Want a realistic idea of price and where people sucessfully advertised etc. Thanks.

It is very slow at the moment, I've just parted with my project, a 96N VR6 with leather in very good condition, new chains, clutch etc for £4.5k. When I bought it I thought it might go for £5.5k on a good day. It was advertised on all the free VW forums, received lots of compliments but only two interested buyers. One bought a much cheaper example, the guy that finally bought it saw it in Autotrader never even started it, never sat in it so therefore never even drove it, was well impressed by its looks and condition and handed over the cash. Unbelievable but my only interested party by then, so I had to take it.

the guy that finally bought it saw it in Autotrader never even started it, never sat in it so therefore never even drove it, was well impressed by its looks and condition and handed over the cash. Unbelievable but my only interested party by then, so I had to take it.

Did he send the cash in the form of a bankers draft and arrange for the car and his change to be shipped to Nigeria??

Sold My N reg storm (green) at a very low £3200 in the summer. Not much intrest in the car from general market. Let to off to a friend of a friend, after being harrased by a trader from up north. Thats after 6 months of advertising here and there, ie loot/auto trader. That was for a FVWSH 98ka few reversable mods, FK coils, 9 inch deep dish, plus original solitudes. Condition was a bit weak on the exterior.

Anyway good luck mate.

Can't believe a Storm went for £3200, even with a weak interior. £4500's abit better but thought a good condition one would be worth more than that. Looks like I'm going to be stuck with mine until next summer / top gear recommendation. Going to hurt letting it go for that kind of money, almost tempted to break it. If I'd known how much they would be worth I would have done that along time ago..

What is it with Nigeria postal addresses on ebay? Anyone tried to sell a mobile phone recently? Some of the life stories leading to an offer of £300 for a £40 nokia are quite amusing.

Did he send the cash in the form of a bankers draft and arrange for the car and his change to be shipped to Nigeria??

No, good hard cash, £50 notes to be precise! I wouldn't buy a £500 car without hearing it run or driving it tbh. Still I can honestly say there were no nasty secrtets with the Corrado, it was top notch everything worked perfectly. Unlike my regular one. :-(

No, good hard cash, £50 notes to be precise! I

Printed on an HP Deskjet?

Hehe no, all in the bank now...mmm.

Its currently a buyers market for Corrados it seems - ebay is being flooded with Corrados. I was able to pick up by Storm (admitidley with 225,000 miles on the clock!) with 17" TSW alloys and everything working - even the sunroof + full service history + immaculate condition inside and out + clarion 12 cd changer for £2,500.

Definately a bad time to sell and a good time to buy - just hope prices do pick up in the new year / summer..

Sold My N reg storm (green) at a very low £3200 in the summer. Not much intrest in the car from general market. Let to off to a friend of a friend, after being harrased by a trader from up north. Thats after 6 months of advertising here and there, ie loot/auto trader. That was for a FVWSH 98ka few reversable mods, FK coils, 9 inch deep dish, plus original solitudes. Condition was a bit weak on the exterior.

Anyway good luck mate.

i think many on here would have bought for that - i would have.....