Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Silly Question...

Hi, been on the search (incidentally, on the search, why, when I put an AND, I get the same search results?! SUrely that should narrow it down?" but I can't find the how-to on how to do a boost check on a G60 - I know its something to do with holding the MFA in a certain position whilst turning th engine off and on...but I forgot...it also had a conversion list for the results you would get...

thanks

search for 'mfa extra functions' or 'mfa hidden functions' and make sure you have 'Search for all terms' checked. I've never been able to get boolen (AND, OR, NOT) searches to work with the forum.

OK I found this:

1. Start Engine

2. Move the MFA selector to "2"

3. Press and hold the MFA end button (keep holding)

4. Stop engine

5. Start engine

6. Release the MFA end button.

As you press the MFA button it will take you through the extra features.

and this:

MFA switch, position 1:

1: Engine map code.

2: Country code.

3: Speedo drive ratio.

4: Upper RPM limiter.

5: Lower RPM limiter.

6: Deceleration fuel shutof pressure.

7: Segment test.

MFA switch, position2:

1: Test sum of programmed bytes

2: Intake manifold vacuum/pressure.

3: Engine RPM.

4: Momentary fuel consumption.

5: Signal from speed sensor.

6: Oil temp.

7: Ambient temp.

Has anyone got the conversion for the figures you get from the vacuum pipe? I have seen it before somewhere but I don't know where...

"MFA AND boost"

9th result down answers the question. What results are you getting Ronan?

I'll let you know later on when I get home from taking a friend 170 miles to buy a car. I'm hoping for around 17psi....

To buy a fucking AX GTi. What a pleb.

They're surprisingly fun those AX's. They do only weight 750kg! They're not 170 miles fun though!

So does a MK1 Golf - something like that anyway, and it's not French!

17psi is 2172 on the mfa, the mfa is in millibars, but it includes 1000mb atmospheric pressure(since it works from an absolute pressure sensor, not a relative one?), so u subtract 1000 and multiply by 0.0145psi(=1mb)

Doubt you'll get over 2000 though, without a toothed supercharger belt...I cant with a 65mm and rsr charger, belt must slip too much, I do have a big intercooler though.

Right, I ran the boost test today on my car (65mm pulley running on an R1 charger, RSR outlet, stainless steel induction kit), and I was expecting some high results, but the result (number 2 on the MFA Extra functions, yeah?) came up at 2000, tops. I was expecting more than this, and the charger was allegedly recently rebuilt with G-Werks. I read that the belt slips at high boost, but surely 14.5psi is a bit low for this spec?

Darren, if you're reading this, is there any way I can check when the previous owner rebuilt the charger with you?

Any help would be great, cheers!

17psi is 2172 on the mfa, the mfa is in millibars, but it includes 1000mb atmospheric pressure(since it works from an absolute pressure sensor, not a relative one?), so u subtract 1000 and multiply by 0.0145psi(=1mb)

Doubt you'll get over 2000 though, without a toothed supercharger belt...I cant with a 65mm and rsr charger, belt must slip too much, I do have a big intercooler though.

One of my friends with a Golf G60 (the infamous G60 PM) runs 17psi on his R1 Charger with a 68mm pulley and no toothed belt...

and dammit mods, stop being quicker than me, I had just gone into my other post to copy and paste my result - but youd got there before me! grrr....

I thought when you got belt slip it was a sudden and obvious power loss?

For reference I get 1990 on the MFA - 68mm pulley and gas flowed head should make it a lower figure than yours...

Oh ok, I have a ported and polished head too, but been told I apparently only have a stage 4 charger, not full blend. Not the only thing i was bullshitted about by the seller....

belt slippage on a G60 starts almost as soon as you put your foot down suddenly in just about all G60s I've ever seen... The belt/Supercharger usually catch up pretty soon after though and it's then only when you get up to the high end of the revs with a small pulley that you kinda top out of friction on the pulley and you get more slippage giving you a kind of power plateau...

The toothed pulley system makes one hell of a difference to the power delivery as there's no way that the belt can slip even slightly... 8) I've seen around 21psi on my G60 when I was at Bruntingthorpe... :|

Some map sensors are alot more sensitive than others we see quite a few cars bleeding boost at 15psi as the corrado's only have a 1bar map sensor as std... ronan.. also worth noting is what is your timing set to ? if you have any pinking/det it will also bleed of as a saftey feature of digifant

Darren, is there any way to check what spec charger I have, and when it was done with you? I got told R1 but others have told me different.

Darren, is there any way to check what spec charger I have, and when it was done with you? I got told R1 but others have told me different.

The serial number will denote which rebuild your car has had... I can see how"others" can of told you differant as unless the charger is stripped of the car and checked internally there is no way of telling. When the rebuild was done they are issued with a serial number which will quickley identify which grade of rebuild your corrado has recieved.. pm me the details from your car and previous owner and i will check out files for you to put your mind at rest once and forall