Sign in to follow this  
VR6_Pete

Kuhmo KU31 tyres

Hi,

Has any one had any experience (good or bad) of Kuhmo KU31 tyres, in standard 205/50/15 form?

Needing some new rubber for my C, and my first two choices appear to be unavailable – Goodyear Eagle F1’s and Bridgestone RE720’s. I’ve had the Kuhmo’s recommended to me and they’re reasonably cheap, so was wondering if anyone had any experiences of them?

I’m running Goodyear NCT5’s at the moment, and haven’t had anything else to compare them to on the car, but I’m hoping that a more performance-orientated tyre will put a bigger grin on my face!

Cheers,

Pete.

From what I hear (i.e. never actually owned a set), they're apparently a bit poo.

If you want reasonable (i.e. alright, but not glue-like) tyres - the Toyo Proxes are supposed to be pretty good and fairly cheap.

The Goodyear F1 GSD3s are supposed to be pretty good, but last time I looked, you couldn't get them in 205/50/15.

I've got RE-720s at the moment and they're fantastic, but they don't make them any more :( so I'm probably going to be going for S03's next time around.