Sign in to follow this  
Rado16v

WARNING - VR6 on Autotrader clocked. Now on eBay.

Hi,

the seller of the following car on autotrader claims it has 69k miles but no service records. A call to VW will show it had 103k miles in 2000.

Clicky

Be warned!!

Amit

Have you given him a polite phone call to tell him of this mate?

Shortened that link btw! :)

Amazing that people will basically throw away the service history for the sake of saying its got 40,000 less miles! I would ALWAYS go for the higher mileage car backed with a comprehensive history, rather than a low miler with none.

Its a bizarre trend, I gotta say.

1993VOLKSWAGEN Corrado VR6, L reg.

-1 miles, metallic charcoal, e/windows abs, e/sunroof, c/coded, 3dr, alloys, c/locking, immoibliser, pas, very good condition, t&t, Average mileage for year eyecatching collectors car. ?3,600.

-1 miles?! lowest milage 'rado EVER

My mate did call back to tell him and he denied it, while I'm not saying the sellers lying (as Jim states he himself could've been duped) it's worth being cautious.

well if VW say it had 103k in 2000 I think its fair to say it wont have 69k now. However we all know how often vr's change hands (save for a select few) and he may well have bought it in good faith.

Looks like he's edited the ad ..

"1993 VOLKSWAGEN Corrado VR6, L reg.

-1 miles, metallic charcoal, e/windows abs, e/sunroof, c/coded, 3dr, alloys, c/locking, immoibliser, pas, very good condition, t&t, Average mileage for year eyecatching collectors car. £3,600."

Last 5 years MOT's to verify mileage.. soo clocked 5 years ago then.

Its possible this guy bought it five years ago as a VERY low mileage example I suppose and has no idea - worth sending him an email and telling him what you found mate when you called VW customer services?

I'd just 'ask seller a question' and say that you've phoned your local VW and they say the milage was 103k in 2000.

I'd just 'ask seller a question' and say that you've phoned your local VW and they say the milage was 103k in 2000.

just did :twisted:

its not like amit never told him when it was first on autotrader :roll:

The seller knows of its history. Seems like he bought the car in good faith. Is a shame as its a nice colour and with air con.