Sign in to follow this  
ClassicStorm

Insurance - ahhh!

Guys,

Who do we all have our modded and non-modded Cs insured with?I want to agree a value on mine but some of the companies have come back to me with "your car is not modified enough" blah blah..

Can people post some useful insurnace company numbers up for me to try please?

Thanks in advance

John

Herts insurance (HIC) are the only people I've insured my Cs with over the last few years... They're always the best price wise and were really rather good when I wrote my first C off :oops:

You get all sorts of goodies included too, green card, track day cover, glass cover, unlimited milage (for me, they also do limited milage) and if you ever do do something stupid/have an accident then they do guaranteed hire cars and salvage retention so you can buy it back off them if it's written off... 8)

Call HIC on 01279 719932

If you mention club GTI, club Corrado, a few of the mags you read and that you attend shows like GTi International you can get up to 15% off!!! :shock:

And No, I don't work for them! 8)

I second that.

HIC have been miles ahead of all the others quotes I got.

Not had to deal with any claims yet...... touch wood

I'll third that or whatever,

I've got two of my cars insured with them and I've never had a problem with them.

Recently insured my Beetle with them, bigger engine, big carb, lowered, uprated brakes, Porsche wheels. Hardly anything left standard on it, agreed the value at £4000 and they charged me £156.00 :D

Unbelievable.

I used to be with HIC untill Adrian Flux smashed the quote! It always takes ages to get throught o HIC na dyou have to follow that annoying automated service.

sorry john i'll move this thread into General car chat......as its not really a "problem" as per the "problem" section

I've switched from Norwich Union Direct to Admiral this year after declaring my mods NUD wanted the guts of £900 :shock: for Fully comp........Admiral managed to quote £700 with all mods declared and a lower XS too :wink: all protected NCD too

Gonna try some of these next month. Currently "having my pants taken down" by AA insurance.

£1600 p/a fully comp (9 points & 2 yrs no claims) 34 yrs old... :shock:

I have been with Herts before and a friend with a Golf uses them as well. They always seemed to take ages to get the paperwork and details sorted out and he had to wait ages for his policy details. They seem a bit disorganised IMO. I am with Adrian Flux now and they are pretty good. Everything is sorted out efficiently and they also have a good view towards mods. I enquired about a few things I wanted to do and they were only going to charge me the Admin fee (suspension, wheels, brake mods etc) They give you legal protection and can offer breakdown cover as part of the policy if you want.

Has anyone gto anymore opinions on HIC,they have given me a good quote but they do not protect NCB until 5 years!Anyone had any good/bad eperiences with the denial or acceptance of your own valuation for your car being accepted by them,recently??

Much Appreciated

John

im paying just over £400 fully comp with bell direct,thats with 5 years no claims(protected)with the exhaust and induction kit declared

Admiral was the best for me. They didn't add on silly amounts for my modifications when they were done as well.

£630, fully comp. Age 33, 9 years NCB, 3 points on licence. All mods declared - lights, exhaust, wheels, suspension. I also live in a reasonably high risk area.

Elephant.co.uk were quite close to Admiral too.

AA were pants (£1000 +)

HIC and Adrian Flux could not match Admirals quote.

HTH.

Cheers

Mark

I dont have a corrado yet but I use admiral. They were 200 less than anyone else I tried. I have a 2001 golf 4motion and am only 26. I am playing 509 fully comp with 3 yrs NCB