Sign in to follow this  
Junior Jackson

Heater controls - swapping late for early.

Hi - I have searched but cannot find a decent answer - is it possible to swap later dial style heater controls for the early slide type?

I am guessing not easily - would swapping the whole airbox be nescessary?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

AFAIK, the airbox is the same unless you have air-con...

it should just be a case of swapping the black plastic bit of the center console, but then you'd also have to swap to early switches and and and... :|

With a bit of plastic welding and cutting, I'm sure it's possible... 8)

Sorry - having re-read my original post, I didn't word it very well and i realise that it could have been taken either way...

I have an 08/91 G60 (pre facelift - probably one of the last one's..) and like g60greeny I would like to fit the later style dial type heater controls.

I have read all of the posts about the use of passat controls to replace Corrado late style controls etc, my question is if I get hold of a set of dial type controls (Corrado / Passat / Whatever), are there any changes at the airbox end or will the cables swap over?

Would it be easier to get some heater controls with cables attached and attach them to my existing airbox?

Thanks for the replies,

Chris.

Ha! Was just gonna post a new thread about this, but checked the search first and it was only mentioned a couple of weeks ago!

I've got as far as buying passat controls, offered them up to the early dash, but the hole is tiny by comparison. Could do with seeing a late dash next to mine, to get an idea of size difference.

Looks like another thing to sit in the cupboard for a bit!

still, the mrs is buying me a dremmel for christmas, may have fun in the new year!

i have managed to get hold of a late dash, which with a bit of plastic welding be able to fit in the old switches ( as they seem to br bloody expensive on ebay). Then i will be changing the lighting of the heater panel to blue to match all of my other lighting and switches. I can see the Fag lighter being deleted as I want to give up this xams plaus nobody has managed to change the colour to blue yet. I beleive that the only thing that i will require will be VR6 style cables for the air flow direction and hot and cold to allow them to attache to the new heater panel, And also the connector from a passet i hope!!!!!! for the fan speed.