Sign in to follow this  
was8v

Anyone heard of Boschmann component speakers?

Found a set of Boschmann RV-5200XT components (mids / tweeters and xovers) for £35 on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5829052914

I'm on a tight budget for speakers, was going to just get 5.25" full range jobs but was advised to go for components even at this price.

Can anyone tell me if these are going to be better than the Alpine SXE-1350S components which can be had on ebay for the same money?

I was told the Alpines are rubbish because they have plastic "housing" instead of metal.

The choice at the mo is the Boschmann or the Alpines or a set of full range 5.25" at similar money.

boschmann are cheap tat! personally I would steer clear of them. Its worth saving up for a decent set of components or if budget is really that tight the JBL GTO506ce 5 1/4 components would do the job nicely and are only a little over your budget at £50 ish quid

Ha! OK- new to all this and not an audio enthusiast, just want to get the best set up for the little cash I have to splash on speakers.

Will keep my eyes open for some knocked down JBLs, otherwise I'll go with the alpines if ppl think they will be better than full range jobs at the price.

not wanting to look like a plank, but i've got a boschmann 12" sub and its not actually bad at all, yeah its low power but it does the job and for £30 I wasn't arguing! Had to go the cheap route after the vibe sub I had killed itself and i couldnt afford another.

saying that I suppose a sub is fairly simple in comparison to componants, so long as it goes 'boom boom' it doesnt matter! :lol: