Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Thirsty G60

:lol: well this thread got me thinking, i looked at my miles etc earlier and ive done 168miles so far, its a 15gallon tank and its just touching the 8gallon mark, this sound about right?

simon

I filled my G60 up last Friday, £72 worth, done a total of 279.8 miles and its near enough dry.

I'm getting about 10-12mpg in town and about 20-25 open road, grrrr, thought my Beemer was bad......

15 Gallon?? are there 2 diff sizes of f. tank on G60's? I cant seem to squeeze much over £40 in mine and that puts the needle past the 12 gallon marker.

I average 25 mpg, but on days where i give it a blip every now and then gettin more like 20mpg. I went from leicester to Bradford and back with 4 ppl, bags and a tent and it cost me about £55. They aint economical by any standards but that isnt so bad. I can get it to do about 35mpg if i drive like a valiumed grandma :lol:

yeah 2 different sized tanks, late ones came with 15 gallon ones and early with 12. TBH i think the MPG will differ quite dramatically between evryones G60, due to age, condition, milage and also how/if its been tuned, for example, my previous engine in the G60 had an uprated cam, BBM charger ported head, 4 branch exhaust etc, and on its 12 Gallon tank i'd get no more than 200 miles!

i get about 50 miles to a tenner of total excellium at 1.04 a litre

9.6 litres, 2.11 gallons, so by my reckoning using pythagoras and bernoullis equations i get.........

23.7 mpg :o