Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Door handle problem

Does anyone know if the door handles from a golf mk3 or passat can work on a corrado? .. I have both doors without them :(

Get yourself a handle repair kit from Daves16v ....not too difficult to fit and you won't have any probs with them breaking again......well worth the money imho

i've got modded passat rears for the delocked look,made them up as a temp measure untill i got round too gettin some new ones,two years down the line their still going strong got the for a fiver from a local wreckers,bit of hassle when ya let the old battery go flat and you have to crawl through the boot to get in :lol: for the piece of mind though i would go for one of the repair kits

They will look like corrado ones but have no locks. You will need the mechanism from the door of the passat also. I used Seat Toledo ones off an S plate.

So the handles doesen't fit straight up but if I change the whole mechanism will work?

There is no posibility to fit only the handles... I mean to make the modification on the passat handles?

Yes you need to change the mechanisn too as the passat handle has a much longer lever operating the mechanism.

Its very simple just remove two allen bolts on the mechanism and it pulls off. Put the passat mechanism on your car then put the passat handle on. Another benefit is the passat/toledo handles are a lot stronger than corrado ones.

I gave mine a good clean and regrease before i put them back together and they work like new.