Sign in to follow this  
willmason

16 VALVE TURBO

Does anyone know of a turbo kit for the 2l 16 valve I remember seeing a Mk 2 golf 16v turbo at Gti international anyone know anything?

speak to Stealth Racing I think they still do the turbo technics kit for the 16v or if you get stuck on that one try http://www.8vturbo.com I think impossible performance are the only UK supplier of atp stuff over here but i could be wrong some other companies might be doing the kit now as well

I used to have a 16V Turbo. The biggest hurdle is the exhaust manifold, which must be high in nickel content. Turbo Technics are the only UK source that I'm aware of and they will only sell them in batches of 10 as their primary business is supercharging for Elises etc now. Stealth won't do the work unless they can source the parts but there is no better place to have it done. Garrett T25s or T28s are readily available and these Turbo Technics will sell you. The intercooler can be fabricated by companies like Pace or Allard Turbo sport.

Try ebay for s/hand parts.

If you do source the parts, the block needs it's compression ratio lowering to 8.5:1 by offset bushing or forged/different pistons.

It's quite an involved conversion. Let me know if you need more info.

Kev