Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

BBS RS input required (osv,gman,furks,bally etc)

:?: Right heres my plan i have a set of 16" rs :D they are from a porsche and are et24 i have 12mm adapters made by the guy on edition who runs a precision enginering company. so i have et 12 which on std rims (7" wide with a 1" lip). Im about to refurb them and my plan is to put larger rims on the back i.e. 8 or 8.5 (2" or 2.5" rim) this is going to give me silly offset i presume? :roll: im confusing the hell out of my self with all the figures! i thought i had it nailed but then realised adding a wider rim will decrease the offset! :wink: the car will have rolled and slightly pulled arches aqnd these are show only wheels so sticking out a touch matters not a jot!! :?:

LOL why you put my name down.. what do I no abt spilt rims lol

joking mate.. like I said the other night.. go for 8.5 & 8's

or if it was myn 9's & 8.5's lol

did you findout if they'll clear yr brembos??

ha ha you know about arch clearance!!

im pretty sure they will.

Any additional width of dish is halved in ET. ie go one inch wider dish 24mm. Will decrease ET by half eg 12. Therefore ET 24 plus one inch extra equals ET 12. Plus adaptor is 8x16 ET0.

ha ha you know about arch clearance!!

im pretty sure they will.[/quote:1fa57]

:lol:

8)

bill i think u may have the wrong set of rims ????

i would go for 8FR and 8.5RR,,,but u got issues from what Gareth says.... see what darren says hes the bbs don dadda :lol:

is there any chance of redrilling them to 4x100 ? i know its possible on some and they even have the pilot holes cast into them ? I cant see then fitting right if having to use spacers and et0 unfortunatly

thats what i feared! they can be redrilled but im not sure of any one who can do this, i could keep them as 7" and run et 12 that would be fine, but not really what im after, tbh its no biggie as i paid virtually nothing for them so i could refurb them and flog them on.

actually just looking at some rados that have the same width bbs front and rear and i like it! oh well ive got all winter! g-man do you know anyone who can redrill?

bill u never get a free lunch remember that :lol: put it down the education, its never wasted and get some LM's

bill u never get a free lunch remember that

oh i dunno mate my free beige recaros were a tasty morsel! looks like redrilling is the answer ill get these buggers on youll see!! or not! mmm lms id only have them with a big dish and that aint gonna happen!

Get them re-drilled i say, i've seen some done that were 5x112 so at least with 5x130 you won't have to fill the old holes. Then just get some spigott rings to sort the centre bore issue out. Actually, have a look at these ......

Hub.jpg

The back of my RS 114x5 stud are very similar to that, i'm still going to have them re-drilled though. Mine are 7J ET33, and 8J ET24.

Take it you need 4 x 100? two of the holes can be placed close to the existing ones, I don't think it will make any real difference anyway as the casting is a rigid lump, its not going to flex when the bolts are tightened up.

Just had a look at mine now, it might be best having a shallower radius seating for the new holes to compensate for the hub being thinner between the existing holes, of course slightly longer bolts would be needed to compensate, say 5mm longer, but would need to check if the back of the centre caps would foul on the bolt heads (looks ok but I will measure this.)

There should be lots of engineering shops/precision toolmakers that can do this work, I am working on a cad drawing for it, let me know if you want a copy to suit yours.

p.s. are yours definately ET25 from a porsche? porsche offsets are usually ET52- ET70.

yeah mine are from a 944 so for some reason came out as et 24, if you could help in anyway ill be eternally grateful!! yes i need 4x100. i could have the hubs redrilled apparently but id rather have the wheels altered tbh. if you find somewhere to do it or are doing it yourself ill bring my wheels to you!

looks like ive got it sorted, im gonna run the adapters on the front Need to to clear the brembos) as et 12 with a 7" rim is all good and on the back im having the hubs (disks) redrilled to 130 pcd and ill still be able to run the 4x100 winter wheels this'll give me et 24 so witha 8.5 " wheel ill be cool as far as i can work out! there told you id do it furks!

Won't ET12 on the front ruin the steering/handling? I used to have ET25 BBS and it was very bump-steery at that, had to keep a tight grip on the steering wheel!

tbh they are for shows only so it really wont matter i have a lovely set of lightweight rc's for fast road use these are purely for the wow factor and this is the only way i can have rs's and brembo brakes.

well done Laughing but it doesnt even sound like ur convincing youtrself Laughing

bloody hate you furks!! et 12 will be cool i mean people running 9" brocks and borbets are running et 15 front and rear.

lol it always is. tbh i cant beleive that in about 4 months my corrado will be everything ive always wanted it to be!! well bar the 16vg60! (thats the year after)