Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Anyone run 16" BBS 3-piece RS rims?

Anyone have these on their corrado?

I picked a set up off ebay, bloody gorgeous they are but are from a Toyota import which is a 5 x 114 pcd, so quite a bit of machining work required to convert them to 4 x100. At least the offsets are ok being 8J ET24 on the rear and 7J ET33 upfront.

The fronts are RS037's and the rears are RS167. The outer rims had already been mirror polished then rebuilt by the last owner owner, but he got the rims mixed up (currently 7.5J all round!) and sealed them with clear silicone which I doubt is up to the job. So i'm planning to get the centres powder coated and the alloy centre caps mirror polished, here's a pic of what they look like at present.

What polish/waxes do you guys use on polished rims to stop the weather dulling them? I don't think i'll be fitting them until way after winter tho!

pure carnuba and lots of it mate will "help" the rims.... but you will soon see polished rims and winter dont go at all

I've got 16" RS' but i'm one of the lucky few who have the 4x100 ET 25's

Take a look at these, been re-drilled very well.......by an engineer over here in Australia.

As for protecting them, i use mer wheel wax on mine and havn't had any problems. They do dull off a bit but get yourself some 'Meguiars Metal Polysh' and they'll look like chrome.

Hub.jpg

cheers for the response guys, think I will get myself some of that metal polish & some more carnauba wax.

Billinjahg60 - I don't know who's going to do the machining work yet, I actually work in engineering and could Jig Bore them, but we're at that busy at the moment, it just won't get done. Can you recommend anyone to do the work?

Carpoid - that pic of your converted rim looks exactly the same as mine, the new holes on 100 pcd are very close to the centre cap bore, only just enough room to get a socket on the wheel bolts I bet! which RS number are yours? doesn't yours have ET45 stamped on the wheel? They look like they converted very well, the old holes must of been welded/brazed up or threaded inserts put in. I was only going to fill one hole in, but might as well do them all now, make it look like a proper job...

Andy T, Sorry mate they're not mine in the pic, just a guy in Adelaide with a Mk 2 Golf i know. He had spacers and spigott rings made up for them .

I've got the RS 003's which are 4x100 ET25.

I've got the RS 003's which are 4x100 ET25.

look stop showing off!! :D

i dunno some people you live on sydney harbour with one of the nicests c's ive ever seen!

but you do realise this is your fault if you hadnt shown me round yours at edition i wouldnt want these damn wheels!! :lol:

Then blame MoonlightVR, OSV and biggerbigneil as if i hadn't seen theirs i wouldn't of been so hooked on them aswell !!!

Good luck getting them sorted guys ...... well worth the hassle IMO !