Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Boost pressure.... what boost pressure

that was going to be my next question :lol: where will i get one from?where does it go?just beenout again couldn't do the redline test but on idle its between 280-305 got a high of 320 at one stage

One thing i have always wondered is what if someone has replaced the clocks with a set from a 8v or 16v..... the sensor on the clocks is never meant to see boost so the highest they ever read is atmospheric pressure.... i.e what you are seeing.

I'd get a boost guage as i never trust what the mfa says. I wouldn't buy a cheap boost guage either as my ebay jobie only ever hits 7psi..... which worried me after i did my charger re-build!!!

Stuck my proper Mac Tools diagnostic one on there and now i'm seeing 14psi.... much more like it!

Ahh... that makes sense. It looks like I've had a new set at somepoint as it was converted to Miles instead of KM.... now I know where my boosts gone ;)

Never mind, I'll get a G60 one in Germany in January..

just been out in the car again,did the idle test an got a high of420?when i stopped at the shops did it again 280-300?do u reckon its the sensor on the clocks itself?