Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Headunit Choice

I've been looking at getting a new headunit for my C and after the alpine MP3 I had in my old A160 I don't want to go back to naff quality..

However I've been sucked in by the thought of having IPOD support and SD/MMC card reader on the headunit.

I've been looking at this one...

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/114326/ ... ar-ra.html

But does anybody know of another unit that will do the same, or a cheap unit that supports GIGAmp3 (mp3's read from DVD-R)

h&b? never heard of them... seems cheap for the features its got packed in to it, which makes me wonder if the sound quality is up to much, deffinatly wont be up to alpine standards.

best bet would be to go to halfords have a look at the one with everything you need,then go online and find the same for a fraction of the halfords price tag

Yeah, but once you see it and hear it... the urge to have it might lead to stupidity. By that i mean, buying something like that from Halfords O.o

Yeah I'm an impulsive guy....

you just have to think you could get a nice amp or speakers and move to a different country and set up a new identity start your own string of nightclubs and get involved in smuggling drugs across the border and become a millionaire with the saving :-)

up to you though :lol:

There's a German ebay seller doing the JVC DV5101 for roughly £175 delivered to the UK. Full UK spec unit, and lots of good feedback on a few forums as well as ebay.

So I'm going for one of those I recon..... Plays MP3's from DVD

hi

i went and got mine fron halfords last week

kenwood mps player with ipod connectivity

£213 inclusive of free fitting and 1 wire connection.

jay

aldi have got headunit no name i know in tomorrow with USB and SD card for 50 odd quid.

it`s the way stuffs going, i`d hang on six months until a better one comes along

Yeah had Kenwood before and had issues with it... plus it was very.... vague is the best word. Nothing was spot on, everything was just OK.

I had an Alpine before in my A160... so loved it. Pity about the speakers in there. So now I'm going for an Alpine 9847R (I think) Front 5.25" Alpines, rear 4x5 JBL's and a JBL 10" tube in the boot... All powered off a 5 channel Rubicon lil'wonder 5 (which most people have never heard of)

Got a good local place selling me the Alpine HU, and doing a full fit on the rest for £310 which seems a good deal to me.