Sign in to follow this  
Trakx

Corrado big drift

Wow, was everyone issued with ultra-rubbisho rear tyres or something?

That Corrado slide was almost as big as the one I did on the way to work the other week ... I actually had full opposite lock, and was basically waiting to see what happened, having run out of choices.. when it snapped back into line and off we went like a rocket .. :)

yes yes,,, loving the 1st time the corrado is shown,,, can tell you was going for it,,most impressive.... is that a diablo SE near the end

lol.. the guy in the red car just can't drift to save his life. He needs to just give up and try and race!! :)

Nice, you caught hold of it well too. I had an incident similar the other day, full opposite lock and just caught it. Count myself lucky....

Glad you liked it!! 8)

Some more information:

That drift was made on porpuse. It's a "Brake drift", which involves entering the turn with too much speed with the car alredy unbalanced.

It's made in third gear at about 110 km/h ~ 68 mph at enter point... as it is an FWD car it loses speed during drift so exit speed is about 70 km/h ~ 44 mph

The tyres are street tyres Bridgstones Potenza S03

Next Track-Day i'll have a mate shoting so will be able get a lot more footage on my Corrado dritfts :D

madness.

have you guys never heard of a racing line?!!

I think i'd be put off going on track days for life if everyone was throwing their car's around like that.

i've seen plenty of drifting vids, but they're usually all RWD cars. what's the point in putting a FWD car sideways?

impressive car control none the less.

what's the point in putting a FWD car sideways?

At a rough guess, I'd say "fun"...?

Ignoring the point there's a huge accident waiting to happen there, that does look like a good laugh. The guy in the red Corolla GT needs a bit of solo track time - not just to hone his technique, but also to stop him killing anyone else!

what's the point in putting a FWD car sideways?

At a rough guess, I'd say "fun"...?

Ignoring the point there's a huge accident waiting to happen there, that does look like a good laugh. The guy in the red Corolla GT needs a bit of solo track time - not just to hone his technique, but also to stop him killing anyone else!

This also proves that not just anyone can get into the over-hyped AE86 and become Keiichi Tsuchiya. There is driver skill involved too.