Sign in to follow this  
Rick

2x2 cable from ebay not connecting

hi ppl, being a cheap ass i bought a serial-2x2 cable for my 92 vr6. i downloaded vag-com 311.2 and tried it. the error message i always receive is com status-OK, interface-3 not found or not ready! i have tried it with the car running and also just on the ignition point. I have tried other versions of vagcom too but keep getting the same error message. :mad: my com port is working, so vagcom test says and my pc in "device manager". pls pls if someone can help or shed some light on this it would be much appreciated, thx

It might sound like a silly question, but you have got a VR6 right? Any other (factory) engine in a Corrado doesn't support the digital VAG-COM interface - the sockets under the gearstick are analogue for flash codes only.

1992 VR6 is digital and should work. Sure the interface lead is OK????? Connected it correctly to the black & white 2 pin plugs?

Any other (factory) engine in a Corrado doesn't support the digital VAG-COM interface

They do, post 1992, it's just knowing how to tweak VAG-COM to get into them :wink:

It might sound like a silly question, but you have got a VR6 right? Any other (factory) engine in a Corrado doesn't support the digital VAG-COM interface - the sockets under the gearstick are analogue for flash codes only.

hi ppl, being a cheap ass i bought a serial-2x2 cable for my 92 vr6.....

The clue's in there Dom ;)

sterick - I'm having exactly the same problem witha 2x2 cable, I had put it down to my laptop and was hoping to try another laptop this weekend.

I bought mine from ebay seller alpha-bid

Let me know if you solve it and I'll do the same!

i havent solved it yet. will try on monday morning, can only think of one other thing to try on my computer to see if i can get it to work. i got mine from alpha bid too. such a pain in the ass un-hooking all my pc stuff to set it up outside to find 30 secs later that it doesnt wrk..........

I'm in Lancaster. Still not managed to get mine working - I'm hving difficulty finding another laptop with a serial port!

Going to try a USB-Serial adaptor tomorrow, and will sneak out to my sister's fabia and try that too.

Looks like if there is a problem with the cable we have the same ones - does yours have both the 2x2 plug and the newer plug like mine?

hi ppl, being a cheap ass i bought a serial-2x2 cable for my 92 vr6.....

The clue's in there Dom ;)

Hey, I said it was a silly question :oops:

Hi,

Has anyone looked at this link :

http://www.planetfall.com/~jeff/obdii/

I have built one of these and then realised that my laptop does not have a serial port (doh), so I haven't managed to test it yet. Only cost a few pounds worth of opto-isolators and components. Then you can butcher an old serial mouse or lead if you have one to make a nice connector.

Has anyone else tried this and got it working? I resent paying silly money for such as simple connector so I am happy to spend a bit of time trying to make one. I soldered all this up onto a bit of breadboard and can supply a photo of my connections if anyone wants. Just be careful soldering chips and transistors as it is easy to blow them with the heat without realising.

Chris

BTW, can you open up your lead? Might be worthing checking various components and cicuit paths inside if you can, make sure it's not a duff one. In essence it is probably the same circuit as in the link above.

my cable does have the 2x2 and the obd2 connector. i tried my last resorts today and no joy. must be the cable pal. bloody annoying

I tried my USB to serial converter to no avail. Also tried a different computer and tried it in my sisters Fabia, still doesn't work.

Must be the cable then AAARGH. Good job I haven't left feedback yet, lets see if Alpha-bid will replace.

yeah, today i am gonna email alpha bid to see if i can get a refund and/or try the usb version. its only a 30 day money back garantee but they guy knows iv been trying for ages to get it too work so surely itll be ok. let me know how u get on

was8v,

I've got a working vagcom on a laptop, and quite local to you. If you want to try your cable on my (works!) lappy give us a shout.

if i sent u my cable would you try it for me? i'l included postage for you to send it back to me lik

Reggit - that would be great - PM sent.

No response from Alpha-bid so far :( have you exchanged emails sterrick?

yeah but nothing back yet. REGGIT- are u trying the cable using its 2x2 connections cos thats wot i need to use on my car? how many wires should be attached to the white and black connectors under the gear stick?

Mine's 2x2, there are 4 cables in total, the black plug has red and Brown power cables and the white has the grey/white and yellow signal cables.

so 2 connectors with 2 cables on each, hence 2x2

Right this has been resolved by the seller (alpha-bid) replacing my cable with a newer model (comes as an OBDII cable with 2x2 adaptor rather than both sprouting from one connector).

I now have VAG-com 409 up and running!

Looks like we were sent faulty cables, so I guess this thread could be locked?