Sign in to follow this  
vrmillerman

corrado machanic in farnborough

does any body know of a good machanic in or around the farnborough (hampshire) area as i need some work done on my vr6

as i do not have time to do it

and not main dealers please i know where they are

kel

aparently there is a good reliable garage in Sandhurst that I was told about last night - i am planning to use them for mine.... I'll get the exact name and address and put it up asap....

hth...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what was the name and number of the VW garage in Sandhurst, please? That's not far from where I live and I need some work done on my Corrado VR6.

Seriously, if you're not far from Sandhurst, it'd be worth your while to drive the extra 25mins and go to The Phirm - you won't find anyone better round here... :)

yeah, I second that... just go to the Phirm, the guy who told me bout the VW place in Sandhurst has had probs with his car recently so they may not be as good as he thought!!!

Tell me more about the Phirm. Their website doesn't really say much with regards to VWs (or, indeed, anything :))

they are the 'dugs nuts for VW's round here - they both worked for VW for years and then set up themselves, they work on any dub and their workshop was littered with awesome cars last time we were there! the soon to be tt powered Venom polo, vr6 turbo with an amazing paint job, their own red rallye, it was cool to get to look at em all.... nice blokes too, and wont take the mick out you pricewise!!!

I went to The Phirm in the end and was very happy with them.

Just one thing though - "only 25mins extra" and "near Farnham" my arse! They're in Churt and it took me 45 mins each way.

Wife not very impressed as I got her to give me a lift on both the drop-off and pick-up.

:oops:

guess we're a good bit closer than you are!!

am taking my audi up there tonight for a check up and an mot...

No worries. I'm just not going to be able to use them as regularly as I wanted, that's all. :(

I think I'm going to have to try the place over in Fleet for routine stuff and reserve using The Phirm for more major stuff / upgrades / fettling, etc. It's just not feasible to travel 45 mins each way for minor stuff. :(

It's a real pity as they are indeed top chaps down there and I'm happy with the work they've done (and the price they charged!) :)