Sign in to follow this  
N88WCH

Some Help Please

Hi Guys

My Corrado is a 1990 1.8 16v H reg and I have the following problems:

Tilt but no slide on the Sunroof

Heat but no movement to the wing mirrors

Washer jet but no motion to the rear wiper

Stereo that only plays from front left speaker until I turn a corner then they all work, until I go stright again!

Cold air but no hot, well I get a little, sometimes, but it goes back to cold very quickly. Not a small problem in this weather, my kid is freezing and puts his coat on to get in and takes it off when he gets out!!

My overall problem is that I am not a techy, so have no idea where to look or what to look at!!

Any ideas of what the problems could be?

Many thanks

Right...

Sunroof - could be one of a number of things - use the search and you'll come up with a few threads on it!

Mirrors - the plug in the back of the switch can come loose occasionally

Rear wiper - where the cables go from the roof into the tailgate they can break due to being flexed

Stereo - loose connection on the back of the head unit in the dash possibly

Heater - most likely an airlock in the system - try running the car from cold with the expansion tank cap off and squeezing all the water hoses to get the coolant round the system and any air should escape

Hope this helps!

Heater - most likely an airlock in the system - try running the car from cold with the expansion tank cap off and squeezing all the water hoses to get the coolant round the system and any air should escape

Hope this helps!

If by "not a techy" he's anything like me.... then what you just said sounds like some strange dialect of Russian :cry:

Sunroof, I have the same thing with mine. Does it move downwards then not slide back, if so could be the pullies. When I looked into it, I just accepted that my corrado has a tilt only sunroof ;)

I would probably understand Russian a little better ha ha!!!

I actually did get that, many thanks gradeAfailure, I'll try and have a look at the ones I can probably do myself!!

My roof tilts fine, but when I hit the button to slide it moves ever so slightly and thunks, thats all! Tilt is better than nothing, but I would like to get it to work properly.

I just hope that the problem with the heating isn't the Matrix. As I understand it, that is a big, and expensive job.

Sunroof - pain in the jaxi to fix and will probably cost you a fair bit for all the parts too. If you do a search for sunroof AND water AND guides - it's probably that. There are a couple of sunroof pros on here that can proabably diagnose it for you properly tho.

catch_twotwo - Header tank - the sort of spherical tank thing with a blue cap in your engine bay ;) (or if it's got the original cap, it'll be black... it unscrews tho, which will limit your options. It'll also have a black bit of plastic on it that says "G11" on it.

N88WCH heat could be a couple of things...

If you get no heat at all it's either because you've got an air-lock (cheap fix) or you've got a dead matrix which is again, apain in the jaxi and potentially expensive because you have to take the whole dash out to get to it.

However, if you get a bit of hot air for a while, then it just blows cold, it could well be the valves inn the matrix playing up, which are comparatively easy to replace and not too expensive either. It's been discussed quite a bit since the weather's gotten cold, so if you have a search for matrix AND valves you should find threads with pictures, part numbers and costs.

No movement on mirrors - could just be a gammy switch - try checking the connector on the back (depends on if you've got early or late on how you do that) and douse the switch in contact cleaner. I think the windows run on the same fuse as the windows, so if your windows work, in theory your mirrors should too - not 100% sure tho.

Stereo - almost certainly a loose wire on the back

Does the entire dash need to be taken out to change the valves then? If so, then it would be a good idea to just change the entire system so it doesn't need doing again.

Firewall = metal panel that separates the engine bay from the passenger area

;)

Sorry if any of what I said was equivalent to Russian! :)

Firewall = metal panel that separates the engine bay from the passenger area

Not to be confused with an actual wall of fire