Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

Should I re-spray my Corrado

I'm toying with the idea of giving my Corrado a new coat of paint over Christmas while the spray booth is empty. There is very little wrong with it, one or two wee stone chips and the likes, but a new coat of paint would do no harm after near 15 years.

Its Aqua blue at the minute, my main question is if I do repaint it I'm planning on sticking with a blue, but should I stick with aqua blue or go for some other blue :?

Whats the nicest blue for a Corrado :?:

I like Sonic Blue (The Subaru Blue), but not sure how it would look. Try doing it a non-VW colour, make it stand out a bit.

Or even maybe one of the pastelly blues the have on Lupo's and the like? They're quite nice, if a bit girly....

go with aqua blue, but do a few coats and plenty of lacquer (spelling?) so its really deep and glossy. In the right light I dont think theres a better colour on the corrado... see Tom's (VR6's) members gallery, some of the photos of his paintwork are pant wettingly good.

Gearoid, i would nearly leave it aqua and make it go faster!

you will end up with 2 cars polished to perfection that you wont drive :lol:

Aqua has got to be one of the colours that most suits the rado I would stick with that

I reckon there is something cool about having a 15year old car that looks brand new 8)

you will end up with 2 cars polished to perfection that you wont drive :lol:

Cars that I won't drive eh??

dscf5524.jpg

:p:p

Looks like it'll be aqua then, looking at VR6's car made my mind up quickly 8)

@ Geo, I've been learning as I go from the head painter in work :wink:

fancy doing mine too..... mine is different shades of aqua blue on one side and the bonnet to the rest of the car :(

could always have Supersonic Blue which is a Pearlesent purple blue, lovely in thesun or headlights! (its a honda colour), i had my nova in it....

shoot.jpg

pvshowmean.jpg

Aqua blue for 2 reasons. One; (yes im biased) its one of the nicest colours on a Corrado. Two. Its the original colour!

Goodluck with it mate. Im thinking of doing the same thing, only i wont do it until i know i can find someone who is confident it will be like a factory finish, but wont cost the earth.

could always have Supersonic Blue which is a Pearlesent purple blue, lovely in thesun or headlights! (its a honda colour), i had my nova in it....

shoot.jpg

pvshowmean.jpg

Ouch, you really hurt my eyes there, didn' t think something like that was allowed on these pages!!! Sort it out Mods!!!!