Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Anyone running a high powe n/a 16v engine

As the question says, is anyone running a decent power n/a 16v engine

my crank pulley has sheaed and its time for an engine rebuild i am just wondering if anyone has done a big power 16v, i am talking high compression and prob 2L

the mk3 16v rally cars ran up to 14:1 so any corrado's running big power?

My mates mk2 16v was in the Golf magazine shootout a couple of months back

His has got an ABF bottom end, with KR P+P head, a fancy gearbox and its pretty well stripped out

Its only 183bhp, but does 14.5 quarters and 0-60 in 5.?

You dont need massive power for a rapid car (think power to weight)

Hope this helps mate

I didnt think you could fit the ABF bottom end to a KR head? Thought only 6a and 9a bottoms ends would fit?

Is your mate running the standard k-jet injection to get 183bhp?

Alex Pose-Gil (aposegil on here) used to run a 2.1 16v.. might be worth hunting him out or dropping him a PM? :)

Well mine made 162bhp with 95 octane U/L. I've since advanced the ignition timing to 8 deg, which made a noticable improvement, so got to be 165-170bhp now.

have a word with CNCHeads... they run a two hundred and something silly BHP N/A 16V engine! :crazyeyes: :twisted: 8)

http://www.cncheads.co.uk/vw_1800_16v.html

*edit - web link adjusted, oh, and it's 252BHP from a N/A 1.8 16V with different cams and the fuelling adjusted to suit! :crazyeyes: 8) *

I know alex's car, it was a beast

I have his mates old 16v and i need to do an engine rebuild as the crank pulley slipped on me and did some damage to the engine.

I want to get as close to 200 N/A as i can

rmn, look at that link I just posted... this is the guy who's doing the G60 heads for G-werks... his work's not just good, he's a fecking artist... 8) :notworthy:

I know alex's car, it was a beast

I have his mates old 16v and i need to do an engine rebuild as the crank pulley slipped on me and did some damage to the engine.

I want to get as close to 200 N/A as i can

mate what happened?? :cry: is it terminal??

also yea mine achieved 191bhp on standard inlet/throttle body and mild cams and same setup on K-jet the highest i hit was 186bhp and compression was at 10.5:1 and I know you can go higher or if you get JE high compression pistons as Ive seen the track day bodies in the US do it.

with throttle bodies high life cams I was told i would be easy in the 220bhp area but not very smooth to drive

Also the key to my engine is that everythign was blue printed and fully balanced not lightened but balance hey why I pulled so well

Save yourself the rebuild!

199bhp KR engine.Complete engine including race clutch,flywheel,stainless 4-1 manifold(lagged),45 DCOE Webers.

Comprehensive spec list,100% reliable and freshly rebuilt by AGRA race engines in Dundee.

For sale as upgaded to 1.8t.

Sitting on pallet wrapped and ready to ship.

PM me for spec list,mpeg of engine running and price.

jonocos, you must be mad taking a engine like that out and putting a 20v engine in :cry:

why do people go for those :(

16vT is laot better got two mates

1st 20v running 26 psi 298bhp, 13.4 1/4 mile just two front seats deflated front tyres

2nd 16v 1.8 turbo 14psi unknown bhp 13.9 1/4 mile and full rallye half leather interior and streched 215 tyres on 9" wide rims

that just proves it and plenty of other 16v turbos out there. all you need is low compression pistons, turbo and manifold, down pipe and G60 Ecu system with chip or if u go for throttle bodies and Standalone a nice set off jenvies will do the trick :D