Sign in to follow this  
mk4steve

Is a C more like a mk2 or like a mk3 to drive?

Im looking at buying a C shortly, but due to a lack of examples in my area (+40 miles) i have been struggling to find a nice example.

I have had loads of golf before currently driving a mk4 1.8T, the reason i have asked this question is i have has loads of mk2's, both 8 vavlers and a g60 edition one, all of these i have loved everything about.

I had owned a mk3 colour concept for about a month, it did not last that long as it was naf, im worried if i get a C will it be more like the mk3 and i will hate it in a short distance of time, or love it like the mk2's

Your opinions will be appreciated.

I am currently thinking about buying a 2 litre 16 valve and getting a charger fitted.

Im looking at buying a C shortly, but due to a lack of examples in my area (+40 miles) i have been struggling to find a nice example.

I have had loads of golf before currently driving a mk4 1.8T, the reason i have asked this question is i have has loads of mk2's, both 8 vavlers and a g60 edition one, all of these i have loved everything about.

I had owned a mk3 colour concept for about a month, it did not last that long as it was naf, im worried if i get a C will it be more like the mk3 and i will hate it in a short distance of time, or love it like the mk2's

Your opinions will be appreciated.

I am currently thinking about buying a 2 litre 16 valve and getting a charger fitted.

technically the 4cyl Corrados are very similar to the mk2, but despite their additional weight (about 100kgs!) they always seem to get praised way beyond the mk2 in terms of handling.

Again the mk3 golf is technically similar to the corrado and shares lots of bits esp. the VR6 C and the 16v and VR6 golfs, but the mk3 always seems to get criticised for it's bulk and sloppy handling - some of which may be down to the standard suspension setups.

All I know is I love the handling of the corrado, providing all the bushes, shocks and mounts are in good nick.

As far as a supercharged 16v goes, I'd probably go for a Vr6 or G60 myself and leave well alone with the 16v, not saying it can't be done but it's a lot of grief and cost from what I've learnt.

Oh, and I'm sure you'll prefer the handling of any C over the mk4 :)

David.

odd... i thought I replied to this earlier!

yeah like david said, they're closely related to the mk2 but handle better!

supercharging a 16v is a tricky route to take, most opt for turbos instead.

I would say it's more like a Mk2 to drive.

I'd buy a VR6 if I were you, or maybe if you fancy doing a conversion get an 8v or 16v and convert to 1.8T.