Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

2.0 16v cutting out

Help please!! My 2.0 16V and I are going through a very bad time at the moment. When driving along (generally on Motorways) there is a very sudden loss of power, zip nothing there at all, rev counter hits 0 and initially this would last a few microseconds and power and Revs would be straight back up, now the problem persists to either a second or two or a full few minutes. I WISH whatever it was that was going would break as the garage I take it too says "if it aint broke I can't fix it". Needless to say driving is very unenjoyable as I'm on tender hooks as to when it will break down again. I've had a new imobiliser relay fitted as well as a new ignition switch. People have suggested a failing earth lead. Do any of you know a good electrician who is familiar with our kind of cars in west london (Twickenham, Egham, Staines, Sunbury ect ect)

mine was doing this when the alternator was on its way out... alternator went boom, i replaced it and shes fine now!!!

tho, as with all rado problems, theres probably a few things it could be....

Had a similar problem with my mk3 golf, very scary, it turned out to be the wiring going to the distributor but it 2 garages and an auto electrician to find out.