Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

boost leak

New lambda probe fitted today . :mrgreen:

Car now off the road though - water hose that was just leaking a bit is now pi55ing water out all over the place . :mad:

New lambda probe fitted today . :mrgreen:

Car now off the road though - water hose that was just leaking a bit is now pi55ing water out all over the place . :mad:

i take it you didnt have a chance to see if the lambda made any difference.

What Lambda probe did you use. I got a NGK one when i changed mine earlier in the year, not convinced its any good though as mine has 'moments' and the plugs are black (again!!) But its not overfueling like it does when it is disconnected.

I used a MTE one - took my old sensor into our warehouse & found one exactly the same.

NGK are usually quite good quality - your air/fuel ratio okay ?

If you use the car for short journeys, the plugs will soot-up.

Well that i don't know, never had the car properly set up, which really i should have done. However got plans for a FMIC and SNS 5.5 chip so don't see the point until I have done those and fitted the grey tops i have already sourced. I don't do too many short journeys, however the car does run rich when cold, i can smell it in the exhaust fumes. It maybe that i checked the plugs after a period of cold idle.

Sounds like either your blue temp sensor is knackered or the resistance that your c/o pot is set to may be too low.

Change blue temp sensor - cheap as chips & measure the resistance accross the 2 outer terminals of your c/o pot. If you're using larger injectors with the std chip, car will overfuel unless the c/o pot resistance is increased.

The blue sensor is pretty new so am sure its not that. It may be the c/o pot as you suggest. Strangely it seems to be quicker when it is hot rather than cold. I also put it down to the chip i am currently using - a G force one. I don't reckon it is up to the job, though it is better than the SNS chip i was using, the spec of which was unknown but really did not suit the car. Not put the injectors on yet but that will be a job pretty soon.

Let me know what the c/o pot is set to, when you get chance to check it. Shouldn't really be any lower than approx 500ohms - need a gas analyser to set it accurately though.

Adjusted mine out to 750ohms to pass the MOT earlier in the year . :lol: (only just scraped through the emissions)

Running around 560ohms at the mo but my setup's different to yours.

Basically - the higher the resistance, the leaner the mixture.

whats the part number on the lambda probe then steve. and will i be able to get it at my local gsf. glad its sorted the problem. hope it sorts mine

g60griff, Not sure of the part number - I'll find it when I get back to work. Get your local branch to phone me (Steve McDermott) here in Birmingham, I'm back at work on Wednesday. The guy's in Sheffield have my direct line number, I assume that's your nearest branch.

We don't yet list it as fitting G60's on our computer. :?

alright, nice one, cheers steve it will probably be a week on monday tho. depends how much i spend in dublin on new years eve

Lambda probe - not listed for the Corrado but was identical to my old one.

GSF part no. 93032 £49.00 + vat

Complete probe - comes with all wiring. plugs, etc.