Sign in to follow this  
ilovemycar

Which alloys...

will fit on my G60? I feel that I am letting my car down now, because yesterday was followed by a mint white 'rado with black alloys on really low profile tyres - I wouldn't go for quite such low ones myself, but I want new alloys now.

It's probably a stupid question, but I've not let that stop me before - what will fit? If I trawl ebay, what should specs should I look for? I'm thinking 17 inch, probably. Would black ones suit a silver car, what do you think?

Yeah black ones may suit it, and I know I'm contradicting mself a little here, but black with a polished lip will look good, they are just gettinga little common now.

17's will fit, with no problems whatsoever, I'm running 17x7.5 and lowered around 40mm, no rubbing or anything. Tyres are 215/40/17, not too bad a ride really.

Have a look round the cars on here, see what style you like, but bear in mind theres a few wheel whores on here, and some wheels are uber-expensive.

Also, in case yo udidn't already know the wheel pattern you should be looking for is 4x100.

Cheers - no I didn't already know - please assume lowest level of technical knowledge from me at all times!

4x100, okay - 17 by 7.5, does the 7.5 refer to the tyre thickness? Is that particularly low?

If I'm going to have it lowered, what do I need for this? Springs, a whole kit, flux capacitor? Apart from a mechanic, obviously!

I like these! - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-Smiths-Kraken- ... dZViewItem

Although seeing them on the car maybe they might be a bit rubbish...hmmm, not sure now!

4x100 - 4 holes around a 100mm diameter circle

17 - diameter of the wheel (inches)

7.5 - width of the wheel (inches)

The standard Corrado wheels are 4x100 15 6.5 or 5x100 15 6.5 for the VR

Tyre sizes...

Standard tyres are 195/50/15 and 205/50/15 for the VR's

This means...

195 - tyre width (mm)

50 - size of the tyre sidewalls (i.e. rim of wheel to rim of tyre) expressed as a % of the tyre width

15 - diameter of the wheel they will fit on (inches)

Tyres also have a speed rating, which is a single letter (have a look on mytyres.co.uk or similar for exactly what letters mean what speeds)

Some tyres also have a number that represents the hardness, or wear rating of the tyre. Buggered if I can remember what that's expressed in or how it's calculated tho :lol:

Nah don't get them. Lol!

&.5 is the width of the wheel, 215/40/17 is the tyre description. The first set of numbers, be it 185/195/255 lol, is the profile(thickness) of the tyre in mm. The second lot is the width of the tyre. The lower the number the lower the width, and it works in percentage of the size of the wheel, so my tyres are 215mm thick, and the width is 40% of 17 inches.

You can just lower it on springs, it depends on how many miles your shocks have done, if they're knackered then the ride quality will be rubbish. You can get a full fixed suspension set up, a set of "sports" dampers/shocks and a set of lowering springs, which will be better matched than lowering springs/standard shocks, or you can get coilovers, which allow you to adjust your ride height, but you pay more for these. Lowerings springs SHOULD be fine, depending on the state of your shocks.

hi

7.5 is the with of the rim, the thickness of the tyre would be down to the profile you use i.e 205/40/17 would be a 40 profile. if you are considering 17in rims then 205/40/17 would be the best option and it is pretty low profile.

The suspension would depend on how low you wanna go?

40mm? springs and struts ,

any lower i would use coilovers

as for the choice of wheels? each to there own? i would go for more simple designs as this suits the corrado check out members gallery.

cheers

4x100 - 4 holes around a 100mm diameter circle

17 - diameter of the wheel (inches)

7.5 - width of the wheel (inches)

The standard Corrado wheels are 4x100 15 6.5

Tyre sizes...

Standard tyres are 195/50/15 and 205/50/15 for the VR's

This means...

195 - tyre width (mm)

50 - size of the tyre sidewalls (i.e. rim of wheel to rim of tyre) expressed as a % of the tyre width

15 - diameter of the wheel they will fit on (inches)

Tyres also have a speed rating, which is a single letter (have a look on mytyres.co.uk or similar for exactly what letters mean what speeds)

Some tyres also have a number that represents the hardness, or wear rating of the tyre. Buggered if I can remember what that's expressed in or how it's calculated tho :lol:

Bollocks. Got there before me.

Am definitely agreeing with the simple look, don't want to get too lurid, though I did see a set of "hyper blue" ones that I really liked, though bank account gave me evil looks!!

Cheers for the advice - all I have to do now is stop my itchy trigger ebay fingers from buying something silly!

Don't want to go too low, there's always the speed bump factor to consider :lol:

those smiths are horrible! no offence of course!

i have a set of these for sale:

17x7 £200

and have just bought a set of borbet A's in 17x7.5

Nice one Baz..the Borbets are stunning..always wanted a set.

Sorry, but those smiths just brought up a bit of bile.

BUY THE BBS!!!!!! born for the raddo :wink:

PM replied! looks like we're sorted.

The Borbets in the first pic are a bit shinyer than mine, and also 9" i couldnt be bothered to sign into ebay!

These are mine, coming from germany!

Just wanted to say thanks for a totally easy deal, I love the wheels, they're on the car now, all I need to do is get the car lowered - next job!

Also meant to say your car looked the absolute business - need to get mine a bit tidier, but the wheels are spot on, thanks!