Sign in to follow this  
jay w

A quick question

Well I have been trying to sell the 300zx with no luck..

So think about going to a car dealer and trade in the 300. So I went and look at a VR6 purple 1994 Std car 92k on the clock and 2 owners from new the car still has 1st add kit and looks very nice..

So I take it out for a test drive and she drive very nice pulls nice and strong (not as fast as the 300 but thats got 120bhp more)

Now here comes the question.. Now when I was driving the VR6 the dash was very rattly, now the sales guy said thay all do that, so do thay.?? It put me off the car a bit. Plus he was asking £4450

If thay all do rattly is this easy sort out.?

Jay

They don't all rattle. Find out if it's had the heater matrix done. If not then just wait until that pops and you'll have to rip the dash out anyway!

Price seems ok, depending on history and condition etc.

Out of my 4 raddos 2 did have squeeky dashes, though I did manage to get to the bottom of what was causing the squeeks and sort them out both times, it can be as simple as tightening a couple of screws

Something like that is perfect for using as a bartering tool..get yourself a few quid off the asking price and then sort it out with a small piece of card jammed in the right place ! :wink: