Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

May have f*cked my speedo???!!!

Been changing the clock colours, and the LCDs too. Had a bit of a nightmare removing the fixing screws for the LCDs, and had to use a pointy nose pliers. Unfortunately I think I nicked some of the copper conductor on the back of the pcb.

Anyway, fitted it all back together and just refitted it, in the dark. Switched on and the LCDs dont light up, or display any figures proeperly :shock:

Ive looked closely and appear to have fitted the mileage one upside f*cking down :evil: but the other one just displays rubbish. :mad:

Im gonna remove both again tomorrow and have a better look, but Im wondering if its just knacked????

If so, Im gonna need some new parts. :cry:

This isnt really a problem, apart from the mileage would be incorrect. Can it be set to the mileage of the car? Or just live with it and say it was replace at 103k, which the car is at, if and when I ever sell it?

Opinions please :?

oh I really hate that instrument cluster. It is a f**king pain in the ass to remove, make flush again, and make it work :) I'd go for a new one, but definitely check it before you go buying anything. It might work with a little fixing and soldering. Are you sure the plugs are in all the way? And the right way? :)

I dont think its all that easy to get the clocks showing the right milage, 'chargedupstorm' (guy hartly) does them professionally.

I've got the same problem at the moment!

Yeah the plug is on correctly. All the dials work, but the displays dont. I'll take it out again tonight for further invest, ar*e!!

sounds to me like the conductive rubber strip along the bottom of the LCD which is displaying garbage has moved slightly/isn't lined up properly, and if the other one is upside down, then that's an obvious one to fix! :roll: :lol:

If both bulbs aren't working, but the lights across the top ARE, then I'd check that the bulbs are in properly and that they're the correct type with the electrical connector on the correct side of the circuit board. If it's neither of those, then I'd check that the copper hasn't been damaged when you installed them...

It's actually relatively difficult to mangle the LCDs up badly if you were taking care, so if you strip it back down and put it all back together in the correct order/location and line it up properly, odds are it'll all start working again... 8)

Hopefully!!

Ive bought some star drives, but the smallest is a 10, and its too fecking big, aaarrrggghhhh!!!

I'll get a smaller one tomorrow.

The mileage lcd is defo upside down, so the other maybe too. I think youre right about the strips too, though they did seem fairly straight. Will pul them off tomorrow for a gander.

I havent changed or moved the bulbs for them, but will readjust to make sure.

Cheers for help ;)