Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Throwing in the towel, need cheering up ;-)

Well, after having spent so much time and money trying to solve 2 little problems on my Rado (slight stuttering at cold start, squeal sound), yesterday's RR day at Stealth introduced a 3rd one, my Rado's down on performance despite the excellent weather conditions for the G60 engine.

Well cheesed off, I have decided to do the inevitable, spend £100 + VAT on getting Stealth to look at the damn thing for up to 2 hours.

Some folks over in Germany seem to suggest it's a boost problem, as both my bhp and torque values are down from normal (albeit by only 2 and 7% respectively, but measured at much higher engine rpm-values than is normal), but after a chat with Darren, he's convinced it's a fuelling problem, after having carefully rebuilt my charger just last November.

Vince will hopefully get to the bottom of the crappy running issues, the start-up issue and the annoying squeal, although that's 100 quid that I wanted to have spent elswehere, but alas I'm at wit's end, tried everything, last step before selling (never gonna get the 100 quid back, of course, but there you go).

Spent far too much money on the bl**dy thing, and my Roccos are starting to suffer (where my true love lies) :cry:

Come on then guys, cheer me up, make me feel good about all this ... ;-)

Tempest

Or spend the time at the G-Werks garage drinking their tea ;)

My car's probably gonna be there soon whilst it's gearbox is sent away for a rebuild :(

I should have given you the keys to my Golf after all.. would have helped to remind you how boring and bland modern cars are in comparison.

All the money you save on the thing being reliable you lose in depreciation anyay! You've said it yourself - your Rado is a 16 year old car and its occasionally going to need a little love! :)

Drive down to G-werks

Yeah, was thinkling that, too, and a little bit regret not having chosen that option, but driving down to G-Werks costs me in petrol what I'm going to pay Stealth anyway for 1 hours work :roll:

I should have given you the keys to my Golf after all..

I did offer to take the Rado several times ;-). But yeah, the boring bland aspect of modern cars I know too well from my business colleague's Focus TDI :lol:

its occasionally going to need a little love!

Now that did make me smile, with certain pictures on a certain thread springing to mind :lol: On the other hand, my Rado's had far more attention this year than both my Roccos added together :roll:

Tempest

Consider yourself lucky.

I havn't driven mine in a month. Cars really fucking me off now, I'm really short of money to take it to a garage tho.

Like the others said, go take a trip somewhere with wife/girlfriend/kids? down to G-Werks and spend a nice day there while your car is getting sorted :)