Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

Would love a front mount but have not got that kind of cash at the moment and a loving driving her again after 3 month off the road.

Does the boost return delition give any gains? was thinking of a rsr outlet as well. Anyone know the gains of that? Sure walsey will keep me right but am pretty sure she rr 180bhp bout a year ago.

was that at the wheels or fly?

i think deleting the boost return does help imo, the charger stays so much more cooler which has to be a good thing, plus i like the sound now too :)

im hoping to sort the fmic for about £200 all in. thats with a new ths cooler, £120. just a case of making up the pipe work yourself!! bits of samco etc

the rsr wont do any harm, help things flow a little better i expect

ive seen coolers on ebay for around £100 so yuoll have enough then to sort it all out, few samco hoses and a straight piece of alu and job done, thats what im hoping, doubt itll be that simple tho!! and a fmic will hide behind the grill so the missus wont no ;) thats the one i was looking at, some similar ones on ebay too, got my eye on some wheels first tho so ill see how it all works out!

Allright Tim! I keep meaning to pop down for a pint but have been soooooo busy i've not found the time :( - Will deffinately have to come down soon though!

If you've got £200ish to spend, i'd go for an RS outlet, then get a FMIC when you've got a bit more cash to burn :)

Glad she's back on the road anyway.

Pictures of the bumper on, have also fitted the single gas strut on the bonnet I bought about a year ago :oops:

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

No. Took that just after I put the bumper on.

TBH it only look so low with the rs. I really should get some skirts to match and a rear diffuser. But that would really take away from the lines of the car.

Side shot makes her look really high. Although she is on FK highsports wound down as low as I can go - get rubbing on full lock. :roll:

yp is just the angle. After I looket the photo i did walk round the car and have a proper look as I thought the same

looks well - but i'd imagine you'll have to raise the platforms a bit!

Cant go anywhere in her, catch everything and cant get into my own garage without reversing but hey it looks great 8)

Well a couple more things done. TT pedal rubbers

DSC00134.jpg

and a seat ibiza cup holder......

DSC00132.jpg

will start on some other bits this week...

Loving the cup holders idea, been thinking about fitting some myself, as I'm getting fed up with have a cold can of Redbull right next to my knackers :lol:

Loving the cup holders idea, been thinking about fitting some myself, as I'm getting fed up with have a cold can of Redbull right next to my knackers :lol:

But i thought it was a good thing to keep your nads cold?? Makes you more 'productive' :wink: :lol:

Loving the cup holders, really works well imo. I quite fancy it but its them or the 3 audi VDO guages which i will actually fit one day even though i have had them for bloody ages :lol:

Got my cupholders yesterday, did you trim the cupholders, centre console or a combination of the two to get them to fit?

nice one mate, I was looking at cup holders to finish off the centre panel - unforunately never got chance to do it.

I've added you to my friends list in xbox live, I'll give you a shout next time I organise a PGR match.

Lippy

Got my cupholders yesterday, did you trim the cupholders, centre console or a combination of the two to get them to fit?

Smoothed off all the fins on the cupholder then took a little bit off the consol. Really just a case of trimming a bit here and there. Am going to redo mine on sat with a new consol as I put a hole in the cubby hole for fitting a 12 outlet but put it in the wrong place.

Will take pictures then.

Tim

Well finally got round to fixing my heater matrix and swapping over to a black dash.

Whilst at it tidied up my cupholder install and got rid of the alarm fob from one of the blanking plates. Also relocated the push start to the steering cowling and put a 12v socket for my phone in the cubby hole under the glove :lol:

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

Shes getting there 8)

Just took delivery of a new shiny bit........ 8)

DSC00142.jpg

Will be getting it fitted next tuesday whilst the rear bushes are done.

YAy. :lol: