Sign in to follow this  
woody

Replacing Rear Speakers

Help

Ok got some new rear alpine speakers for my C. How differcult is it to change them. Had a quick look in the boot and its looks that the wheel arch will make the job a right game. Is it easier to remove the whole panel which the speaker fixes to, and then swap the speakers.

PS fitted a new kenwood MP3/CD player in the C, it is great having over 12 albums per CD. I just wish the petrol would last as long as playing one CD.

it would make it a bit easier for you,if i remember rightly the seat belt goes through the rear shelf supports aswell so you cant completely remove it anyway

Well when I replaced speakers in my Corrado, all I did was fit some 6x9's to a stealth shelf, then snip the existing cable runs to the rear speakers, and just extend them up to the 6x9's - worked great :)

The rear shelves do come out completely and you have to take them out to swap the speakers. if your new speakers are like mine, your going to have to cut the basket off the shelf anyway.

Once you have the shelf off, theres two screws on the underside you undo then the grille pops out with the speaker attatched. swap the speakers, remake the connections (making sure the polaritys are corect!), drop back in. relax. :D

Jim 16v. From the description of your modification technique, the Saxo is perfect for you... :twisted:

The rear speakers come out with the grills, which are held in by 2 screws visible just under the edge of the shelf.

Unless the magnets are huge, or the mounting face of the speaker protrudes a long way in front of the brackets, there's no need to butcher the shelf.

Also, if you're spending mucho wonga on some good quality speakers, it makes sense to run some new wire from the head unit to the speakers so that you don't have several connectors messing up the signal.

Unless the magnets are huge, or the mounting face of the speaker protrudes a long way in front of the brackets, there's no need to butcher the shelf.

Yup, my magnets are huge!!!! :D

woody, How do you like your new speakers?

Much better sound because the old ones one of them had a blown cone with made a awful sound when turned up any where near loud. I can now also enjoy my Kenwood car MP3 player and my whole 150 cd collection within the car on only 12 cd's

Woody what is the part number for the speakers mate? I need some new rears for mine & don't wana cut the shelf, this sounds like a good option.

Cheers

Dan

the rear speakers...are they 6x4's? i think kenwood makes them in that size.

which HeadUnit do ya have woody?? i'm gonna get that £300 odd MP3/WMA unit when i can afford it...if you have it, whats it like?? made your own screensavers?

Cheers,

Sanjay