Sign in to follow this  
golfg60

I'm thinking of buying......

Ok, after writing off my corrado in the summer i want to replaced it asap. i would like the next corrado i buy to be used as a second car (something for the weekends etc). I've got a BMW 3 series that i'm driving at the moment and its a bit crap so i was looking for something a bit better with a bit more poke to it. I've been looking at Audi A4 2.8 Quattros. Has anybody got any experience with these? The performance figures seem similar to those of Golf VR6 so i'm happy with that.

Any thoughts.......?

Cheers

Tom

Is the blue rado yours? I remeber seeing that car years ago and it made me go :shocked!: sorry if that the car you totaled if not still sorry about it. I like the A4's .

Totally lush car to drive, imo. In fact, I'm pretty certain I want my next daily drive to be a beefy Audi :)

There's a large selection of Audi's at work......an S4, 2.6 V6 Cabrio, 2.8 quattro A4 estate, A8 3.7, a TT and a couple of mundane ones.

I've been in the 2.8 and cabrio (have yet to ask the S4 and A8 chaps for a ride!) and the 2.8 is lovely. It's so solid and refined and the bottom end torque from that creamy 2.8 motor is brilliant. Don't expect miracles in the handling department, it's a big heavy car, but everything else is spot on. A good buy imo.

Cheers folks,

I'm going to have a look at one this morning. Looks like a straight car, FSH etc etc. I'll keep you posted!

Tom